turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."

It might be worth trying to copy the content of the CD to a USB flash drive (preserving the directory structure), and run the installer on the laptop from the USB flash drive.  

This way hopefully you can avoid the download step.  

myttmoney

"This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."

Use the account that is was purchased in?  I signed up for the first time and entered the code and received "This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."  WHAT?!?!?!?  how can it be associated to another account since I just signed up for the very first time?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@myttmoney If the software is saying it is associated with another account, please contact customer support by phone by clicking here. They will be able to use the code to see where it has been used. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I tried to install TT on my daughters computer using my account and password and she was told there can’t be more than one account. It was my account! I sat and watched and she did everything right. No matter what we did TT refused to be put on her laptop. So she had to buy her own! What’s up with that? TT was only on my laptop, just one computer, one account, nobody else’s.

@cathybravo  How did you install it on your computer the first time?  Did you use the CD or the download?

If you first installed from the CD it may not let you download it or install the CD on another computer.  There is a problem if you first installed the CD.  It doesn't connect you to an account you can find.  You have to call in and ask for a new download and a new License Code.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@cathybravo TurboTax 2021 software can be installed, authenticated, and activated on up to 5 different computers.  Please contact us via phone for further assistance with this matter.

ReferenceCan I install TurboTax on more than one computer?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tennis51

I got the same message on my Chromebook - went to older HP and then Mac- no error message. My Chromebook doesn't run windows - and Turbo tax only offers downloads for Mac and windows - maybe next year they will add Chrome OS to their downloadable products....

You can download to 5 computers so long as they are all PC/Windows or all Macs. You cannot have a mixture.

I downloaded first to my Mac and that was seamless. Then I asked my son to download it on his (Windows) and TurboTax wouldn't allow it. I called customer support and the above was what they told me.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

If you paid for the CD/Download, it will be saved in your account. You can access your download from any computer.

Please use the link below to log in and access Download & Unlocks.

My Downloads

Please also see the TurboTax FAQ below for additional assistance downloading on different computers:

Can I install TurboTax on more than one computer? 

For additional assistance, please reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care team by clicking on the following link: What is the TurboTax phone number?

@rylescupidez 
You can call in and ask for the other download.    They should put it in your account.

@Cass0317   That link is to a Canada help article.

randy9875

Instead of telling us to contact support who does not actually fix the issue, why don't you just post the fix here? Or better yet, have the program fixed so that it can actually be loaded and downloaded to 5 different computers without these ridiculous issues year after year.

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

We're sorry for your frustration with having difficulties downloading your Turbo Tax product on 5 different computers. Here is our FAQ with instructions for  when your license code isn't working.

@randy9875

[Edited 03/03/2022 5:35 pm PST]                                                                                                             

@Katina S   That link is for a Canada help article.

tl_TT

The link is for Canada.

I got the same problem, and I spent one hour calling and talking to support in US, the lady who answered my phone knows nothing except for repeating what I already knew and tried.

Any other contact phone number for someone who really know how to help??

Once you use the CD to install turbo tax on a computer, forget about any downloads...I just spent several hours verifying this and an agent confirmed it.  I sincerely believe it is false advertising on the part of Intuit.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies