turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

adub3475

Reject code REJ002

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Reject code REJ002

If you got an Reject Code REJ002, you didn't do anything wrong. TurboTax is  just sending your return back so you can apply the fix.

Look for an email from TurboTax (it'll come from the address TurboTax@Intuit.com) and follow the instructions in the email. It's important that you follow these instructions, as they're customized to fix your specific program issue.

If you don't see the email in your inbox, look in your spam or junk folders.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Reject code REJ002

I got the email, but there was no instructions

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

Reject code REJ002

There really aren’t any instructions – there’s nothing for you to do. 

Please see the TurboTax Help article What is REJ002 - Internal Reject? for more information.

Reject code REJ002

THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS! How TF are y’all gone keep saying something bout some instructions when there’s absolutely nothing in the email .

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Reject code REJ002

@khaylatanner  Please visit the link below for the most common reject codes and how to fix them. 

How do I fix a rejected return? - Intuit

Reject code REJ002

@ChondelLO & what is that supposed to do ??? It says Nothing!!

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Reject code REJ002

Please just try resubmitting your return. When we discover a program issue or bug that can potentially cause transmitted returns to be incorrect, our Electronic Filing Center immediately puts a stop hold on all affected returns. These returns remain in pending status until the fix has been released.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care team by following the instructions in the link below:

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@khaylatanner

Reject code REJ002

@Cass0317 & I’ve done that 5 times already 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Reject code REJ002

@khaylatanner  I'm reaching out because we'd like to assist you.  In this public forum our resources are somewhat limited, we still have tools available that may help to at least diagnose what is happening on your return. 

Regarding the reject message itself, this Help Article gives a partial explanation:  What is REJ002 - Internal Reject?  You may have already read that article and say:  "That article really doesn't tell me much that helps me".  And that would be understandable, because the article itself says that the reject code is generic, so there are a number of potential issues that could be generating the reject.  

We can take a deeper look at your return on our end if you are willing to provide us a diagnostic copy.  A diagnostic copy removes any personal information so we can focus on entries made in the program.  Before sending us a diagnostic copy, please double-check all of your entries on Personal information, income screens, etc. so that they all look correct and there's no duplicate or other obvious miss-keys.  Once you've verified your entries, please use the following instructions to provide us a diagnostic copy:  

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign into your online account.
  2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left-hand side of the screen.
  3. A drop-down will appear. Select Tools
  4. On the pop-up screen, click on “Share my file with agent.”
  5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
  6. Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click the Online tab in the black bar across the top of TurboTax and select “Send Tax File to Agent
  3. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click on OK and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
  4. Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

Once you have obtained the token number, respond to me @DanielV01 with that number, and we will look deeper at your situation.

Dbo2626

Reject code REJ002

I’m having the same problem. Keeps saying it’s rejected for that code and says follow the instructions in the email and there are no instructions. Filed at least 4 times and they all keep getting rejected with the same code. So frustrating. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Reject code REJ002

Further assistance with correcting your rejected return has been provided by clicking here.

Reject code REJ002

Yeah I have the same problem too. Mine keeps getting rejected and I’ve been rejected for 3 times with the same reject code every time. I actually have someone from support called me and they told me to refile it again by the end of this month. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Reject code REJ002

More details and assistance with the reject code you are receiving has been provided for you by clicking here.

Reject code REJ002

I have been receiving this issue 5 times now! This is absolutely absurd. When I go into my account the issue is already fixed, I have my green check marks, all good to go and it continually happens. The solution I was given was to mail them in but I don't trust them that with the way the mail isn't always on time. I'm taking my business elsewhere cause this is pathetic, obvi the IRS hasn't received anything so I'm gonna use another company. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies