REJ002 - Internal Reject is a generic rejection code.
When we discover a program issue or bug that can potentially cause transmitted returns to be incorrect, our Electronic Filing Center immediately puts a stop hold on all affected returns. These returns remain in pending status until the fix has been released.
Once the fix is ready, we bounce the return back with a REJ002 code, along with an e-mail that contains specific instructions on how to apply the fix.
If you got one of these rejects, you didn't do anything wrong. We're just sending your return back, so you can apply the fix.
Simply look for an email from us (it'll come from the address TurboTax@Intuit.com) and follow the instructions in the email. It's important that you follow these instructions, as they're customized to fix your specific program issue.
If you don't see the email in your inbox, look in your spam or junk folders.
- TurboTax Online instructions for E-file reject FW2-502: The name or EIN for an employer on your W-2 doesn't match IRS records
- What if I e-filed before April 15, but my return got rejected after the deadline?
- How do I fix a rejected return?
- Error 1921: "Service 'Intuit Update Service' (IntuitUpdateService) could not be stopped..."
- What is the difference between the five-digit Self-Select PIN I created last year and my Self-Select PIN this year?