DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@khaylatanner  I'm reaching out because we'd like to assist you.  In this public forum our resources are somewhat limited, we still have tools available that may help to at least diagnose what is happening on your return. 

Regarding the reject message itself, this Help Article gives a partial explanation:  What is REJ002 - Internal Reject?  You may have already read that article and say:  "That article really doesn't tell me much that helps me".  And that would be understandable, because the article itself says that the reject code is generic, so there are a number of potential issues that could be generating the reject.  

We can take a deeper look at your return on our end if you are willing to provide us a diagnostic copy.  A diagnostic copy removes any personal information so we can focus on entries made in the program.  Before sending us a diagnostic copy, please double-check all of your entries on Personal information, income screens, etc. so that they all look correct and there's no duplicate or other obvious miss-keys.  Once you've verified your entries, please use the following instructions to provide us a diagnostic copy:  

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign into your online account.
  2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left-hand side of the screen.
  3. A drop-down will appear. Select Tools
  4. On the pop-up screen, click on “Share my file with agent.”
  5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
  6. Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click the Online tab in the black bar across the top of TurboTax and select “Send Tax File to Agent
  3. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click on OK and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
  4. Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

Once you have obtained the token number, respond to me @DanielV01 with that number, and we will look deeper at your situation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"