turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

Unfortunately, TT only reinstated ItsDeductible for the 2022 Tax Year through October 15, 2023 (see below link from ItsDeductible) .  After that, they will discontinue it again.  If this many people rely on ItsDeductible and will switch tax programs, all the Income TT loses will be much higher than the cost of keeping ItsDeductible going!

TurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I export my data from ItsDeductible?

SOLVEDby TurboTax33Updated 10 hours ago

Important: Intuit has decided not to discontinue ItsDeductible and will continue to support the tool through tax year 2022 (including preparation of 2022 returns until October 15, 2023). Your account and data will continue to be available without interruption. If you are an ItsDeductible user, you should have received a notification of this change on or about July 5, 2022.

Follow these steps to export and save your ItsDeductible data.

1. Sign in to your ItsDeductible account here
  2. Select the tax year you want to save
  3. Select View Summaries
  4. Select PDF next to the data you want to save
  5. Repeat steps 2–4 for all other tax years you’d like to save

We recommend keeping all tax return data for the last three years for your tax records.

Let's just keep it going!  Gladly they listened to feedback on its' value to customres.  

I want to add my voice to thanking TT for continuing ItsDeductible support for 2022 taxes.

I love the product and was super bummed about it getting discontinued. Didn't even think to voice my opinion and hope that TT would change their decision. Guess I'll be sure to voice my opinion in the future when they mention discontinuing it.

Just got an email, the Intuit/TT has seen the error of its ways and is not dumping Its Deductible. At least for this year.  I had not bothered to protest the decision as I figured it was useless, but since other's actions actually had an impact, I'm going to weigh in and say thank you to those that voiced their opinion.  This is certainly a tool that I use every year and I am happy that Intuit changed their position.  

I am a loyal TT customer who also was deeply disappointed with the decision to terminate ItsDeductible from your provided services.
But, assuming it was a done deal, I failed to let you know that.
I don't want to fail again ... this time to tell you HOW DELIGHTED I AM to learn of your decision to continue to support it next year, and hopefully beyond. 

Thank you.

ErickaY

Hi all,

As some of you may have heard, ItsDeductible will be staying! 

We heard your valuable feedback and we are happy to announce that we have revised our decision and will continue to support ItsDeductible next year.  Customers' accounts and the data in them will continue to be available without interruption.  You could take a look at our updated article here

Thank you, 

TurboTax & Mint Community Team

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Wonderful News!! Thanks for revisiting the decision to suspend ItsDeductible!! As I suspected, the outpouring of support on this forum has demonstrated that ItsDeductible is valuable to a multitude of customers who have used TurboTax. 

Thank you for listening to feedback and revising your decision to reinstate ItsDeductible. Well, at least for another year. Please convey my gratitude to the people at TT who were directly involved in the reinstatement decision because a satisfied customer is a happy customer. And that is good for business!

It turns out that all of my data I had entered was there.  When itsdeductible was canceled, I deleted it from my password list and instead logged in using my TT login.  Using an old password list, I found the proper login for itsdeductible.  It was a big relief--and a timesaver--to see the items, money, and mileage that I had entered.

Hi ErickaY,

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!  This is wonderful news!  Hopefully you will continue to support this product for years to come.  

9974747D-B567-432D-9209-8CD793EA41A2.jpeg

They decided to keep it 

Note ... it is ONLY  a stay of execution for one more tax year to give you more time to find something else. 

it's ded 2022.jpgit's ded 2022 -2  .jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

ErickaY,

I'm glad that TT is extending ItsDeductible through the 2022 tax year.  Please convey to TT that they should PERMANENTLY keep ItsDeductible, and not just through the end of the 2022 tax year!  You said TT listens to feedback from its customers.  The amount of feedback on this page alone should tell you that ItsDeductible is a wanted and needed service!  Mint just does not track non-cash charitable contributions, and the automated reply letter we've been receiving from Intuit to try Mint has just been a slap in the face to many long-time TT customers (almost 25 years in my case).  TT will be losing many long-time, loyal customers over this short-sighted decision if it cancels ItsDeductible.

Sadly the number of folks who have posted on this & one other thread is not enough to make Intuit continue the tool ... as mentioned the number of folks they will lose due to this change is much less than what it costs to keep it  especially in this time where less and less folks are itemizing deductions.   They are just agreeing to keep the tool one more tax year so that users have more of a "heads up"  and not be surprised by the abrupt end.  

I wondered when @Critter-3 would throw a wet blanket on the good news. I (and so many vocal supporters of ItsDeductible) will continue to advocate for continuing the support of a very useful tool. 

A more subjective analysis might be accomplished by a small fee for continued support?

I would absolutely consider this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies