Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

You can still import from It's deductible in TurboTax. I did it for my 2023 taxes. But it's not in the same spot as the other donations. Looks like you need to be using TurboTax Deluxe though.

@ beverlyherzog 

Importing from ItsDeductible is still available and requires Deluxe Edition or higher.  But the navigation is not as obvious, so I'll give you 3 methods below.

I don't know what product you are using, but I'll take a guess that it's Online TurboTax.   I further assume you are in Online Deluxe or higher.   Here are 3 navigation methods that should bring up the ItsDeductible import screen.  The first 2 methods are similar but with different terms.   Method 3 is a completely different approach.

Method 1: 

• When the return interview is fully open, in the top right of the screen click on SEARCH icon (magnifying glass).
  • In the search box, enter the term itsdeductible ( one word, without quotes) and then click the adjacent magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything in the dropdown menu or it might not work).
  • Then click the “Jump to itsdeductible” link.
  • Next screen:  "Did you make any donations to charity in 2023?"    Say yes.
  • The next screen is "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"  Say yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 2:   
Same as first method above, but in the Search box enter the term donations (without quotes), and then click the adjacent magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything suggested in the dropdown menu or it might not work). 

• Then click the “Jump to donations” link.
  • Next screen:  "Did you make any donations to charity in 2023?"    Say yes.
  • The next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"  Say yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 3: 

• With the return interview fully open, click in the left menu column on the Tax Tools tab, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click the blue button Topic Search. 
  • In the Topic Search popup enter the word itsdeductible without quotes, highlight the selection, and click GO.
  • Next screen asks:   "Did you make any donations to charity in 2023?"  Say yes.
  • The next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"   Say "yes" and continue the interview.

Beverly, It was reinstated, thank goodness! I’ve filed for 2023 after importing my contributions from itsdeductible and have entered in a slew of my 2024 contributions (early bird this year). I’m hoping ItsDeductible stays for many, many years to come!!!

lrigsby
Returning Member

@ErickaY  This statement isn't true Customers' accounts and the data in them will continue to be available without interruption. My data for 2020, 2021 and 2022 is not available.  How can I get access to it?

Sign onto ItsDeductible using the exact same User ID and Password you used to create the account - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/

I have data from 2023 and 2022 available under my User ID.  Did not have any items entered in 2021 or 2020

lrigsby
Returning Member

Oh I have tried everything and they still can't find my data.  Interestingly enough, in March of this year, when they switched from the old interface to the beta interface, I could see some past data 2013-2017 missing 2018, 2019 was there, but 2020, 2021 and 2022 missing.  And yes, I've been using it's deductible for a long time.  

You will have to contact TurboTax support for assistance with this problem. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

I was able to see my donations for 2020-2023. However, I was disappointed to see that there is a new, "more modern" interface that is less "dated", but also less efficient. For example, to view my 24 charities, I need to scroll through 5 separate pages.

I also don't see any data before 2020, which was available previously.

The URL indicates that this may be a beta version. Is there a way to use the old clunky, but efficient, version?

lrigsby
Returning Member

YES THIS!!! I think we need people from the Product team to assist with this instead of the Product Support team.  I've called, emailed, etc. but when I try to explain that I could see data in the Old version they had no way to access it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies