turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tessfike

Is there a way I can get a receipt for my federal tax payment?

I have someone requesting documentation of proof that my federal tax payment was just a one time occurrence for mortgage documents. Does turbo tax provide any kind of receipt I can use to show this besides just showing the amount of Federal Tax Due? I already went on the IRS site and got a screen shot of my tax payment history, but if there's an actual receipt that would be helpful!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TurboTax does not pay taxes owed so would not have a receipt for the payment.

Your proof of payment is the cancelled check, bank statement or credit card statement depending on how you paid for the taxes owed.

No.   TurboTax never even knows when, how or even if you paid your tax due.  Your proof that you paid your tax due is your own bank or credit card statement or cancelled check.  The IRS does not send a receipt to you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The IRS payment history is the #1 source that the payment was made ... you can download and print that account transcript page to give to the mortgage company along with the proof of payment from your bank which should be more than enough.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies