turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tcdoll5
Returning Member

Is there a reason I can't enter anything in my 2022 Deluxe edition yet?

ive used turbo tax for years and have never had this problem.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

Actually it is software for 2021--not 2022----but what happens when you try to enter data?  And are you trying to use the CD/download or online software?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
tcdoll5
Returning Member

nothing happens. I bought the deluxe cd and uploaded just fine. It transferred data from last year. It walks me through every step but wont let me enter anything.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Is your number lock on ?

Did you run a program update yet ? 

tcdoll5
Returning Member

no number lock isn't on. and yes it updates on start.

The number lock must be ON to enter numbers.  

Perhaps define a particular section that it won't let you enter "anything"

It shouldn't happen in the Personal Info section

BUT 

(while this may not be the problem...I'll take a flyer and suggest it anyhow)

For some $$ entry sections, where you entered "Supporting Details" for an entry last year, you need to take a special step to get it to take a number this year

...sometimes a double-click will do it,

.....sometimes you can click in the box once then and then go to the top menu on the screen and click on <Edit....then <<Add Supporting Details from the drop-down menu.  IF the SuppDet box shows up you can either add your entry in there...or hit the Red "X" to delete the whole SuppDet worksheet and then make your normal entry.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Ahhh yes ... the dreaded supporting details worksheet. 

tcdoll5
Returning Member

I wasting over 2 hrs of my time on the phone with 2 separate customer care reps neither of which had any idea what was wrong. They me repeatedly  change settings, resolution, etc. none of which helped. Eventually I was told I must have a corrupt cd. They had me fill out a refund form and told me I could now get a download - which I later found out I couldn't download until the refund was approved which will take 5-7 days. They also didn't know how the refund would be issued, or how I would be notified........

Needless to say I was not at all impressed with customer care. Neither rep was of any help at all. I honestly felt both were very uninformed and that they kept me on the line to avoid taking another call. 

I've been using turbo tax for years with no issues, hopefully this is an isolated incident.

elmat24
Returning Member

My 2021 tax return is unavailable for downloading into my 2022 Deluxe tax program and your instructions for downloading do NOT work. PLEASE HELP !!

elmat24
Returning Member

Do NOT have a CD for 2021 tax year. Downloaded program online

@elmat24 wrote:

My 2021 tax return is unavailable for downloading into my 2022 Deluxe tax program and your instructions for downloading do NOT work. PLEASE HELP !!

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2022 online tax return by entering some personal information then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download .tax file

tcdoll5
Returning Member

it wont accept numbers in the income or certain deduction sections

This issue  almost always happens because  you used a "Supporting Details"  (SD) sheet in that field in the prior year.   What happens is that when you transfer in the prior year's data, the SD sheet is transferred too, but empty...and that causes the $0 to show up in many areas of the Step-by-Step mode interview....wherever the SD sheet was used before.

But when switching to Forms Mode, when you try to enter a $$ amount in a field where the SD sheet is attached, the SD sheet will pop up immediately, and you can either enter the $$ amount on that sheet, or delete the SD sheet entirely and avoid future issues (unless you really want the SD sheet)

Sometimes, when you see the $0 in Step-by-Step, you can just

a)  double-click on the field and the SD sheet will pop up... that doesn't work in all cases.

b)  Another way is to click on the field, then go up to the menu..."<<Edit<<<Add Supporting Details"....then the SD sheet pops up and you can use it, or delete the SD sheet entirely and then the regular field will work properly.

or

c)  click on the problem field, then switch to Forms Mode to make that entry

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies