Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I usually do my dad's taxes on here I signed into the account using my email I want to do my taxes this year on here how do I change the account to my name or have two accounts on this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I usually do my dad's taxes on here I signed into the account using my email I want to do my taxes this year on here how do I change the account to my name or have two accounts on this

It is better to start a new TurboTax account to do your taxes, rather than using your dads account.

As Champ @xmasbaby0 says, you can only prepare and file one person per TurboTax online account. The CD/desktop version allows you to e-file up to five tax returns and more if you mail the others in.

If you wish, you can delete all your dads information and put in your own, but all the previous tax history in the account will be your dads so we don't recommend doing that.

You can link more than one TurboTax online account to the same email, but each account would need a separate user ID.

Learn more at How many state and federal returns can I do with TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you do another return in the same account it will overwrite the first one and it will be gone for good.

Online is only good for 1 return per account.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...

The Desktop CD/Download program can do unlimited returns.

Thats why if you need to do more than 1 return we recommend you buy the Desktop CD/Download program.  It can do unlimited returns and efile 5 for free.  And you can buy a lower version.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.  Buy the Desktop program in stores or directly from Turbo Tax here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies