Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

carczar

I need my 2000 return, help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies
NickyL
Intuit Alumni

How to get your 2015 or older tax return:

Detailed Instructions:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Click the Taxes tab in the top-left corner.
  3. Then, scroll to the bottom and click the Load My Tax Timeline link in the bottom-right. Every year that you have used TurboTax online will appear.
  4. Click on the year you are looking for and click the Download/print return (PDF) or Download .tax file link. Your tax return will start downloading automatically.

If you used the TurboTax online Free editions for the prior tax years, then access to those returns has expired.  If you used and paid for one of the TurboTax 2014 online editions of Plus, Deluxe, Premier or Home and Business access to all the prior year returns is available until October 17, 2016.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for access to server expiration - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3355524-when-does-access-to-my-prior-year-turbotax-online-returns-...

See this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

GeneJ
Returning Member

Per your instructions I'm logged in but I see no TAXES tab anyplace. Please help. Gene

GeneJ
Returning Member

I think I may have accessed answer. I can retrieve 2017 & 2016 but nothing earlier. I  bought and used turbo Tax discs since 1993. I need 2000. Help! Gene

if you are looking for the disc itself, look on e-bay...there are plenty for sale. 

Bees
Level 7

Maybe you used a different account name?

Perhaps you have an additional account that you forgot about.

Recover your TTax User ID or password
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535-forgot-your-turbotax-user-id-or-password
(Please note that the link may 'appear' to be truncated, however it will
work (if you hover your mouse over the link you will see the full link.)

More than one userID/password https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/how-many-turbotax-accounts-do-i-have/00/26...

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.

@Bees - I think he is looking for his 2000 return and I can’t imagine there was online versions back then —— everything was mailed discs back then 

There is no way to get a 2000 tax return copy if you did not save one.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
GeneJ
Returning Member

I hope you are not right. I do my taxes by purchasing the CD. I have my installation CD for Tax Year 2000. But I installed it on a computer that I no longer have. I also have a floppy file of my 2000 taxes but thus far have been unsuccessful in trying to upload it to either my Windows 7 equipped Toshiba laptop or my old  Windows XP equipped Dell desktop. Any ideas anybody??? Gene

i am unclear of your issue 

do you have the 2000 turbo tax program - yes or no

@GeneJ wrote:

I hope you are not right. I do my taxes by purchasing the CD. I have my installation CD for Tax Year 2000. But I installed it on a computer that I no longer have. I also have a floppy file of my 2000 taxes but thus far have been unsuccessful in trying to upload it to either my Windows 7 equipped Toshiba laptop or my old  Windows XP equipped Dell desktop. Any ideas anybody??? Gene

The 2000 CD (or whatever the media was in 2000) probably will only install on a computer that has a 2000 era operating system, however the "out of the box" media is the first release of the tax software issued before the IRS forms are all finalized, and is useless without the updates that add the necessary forms.   Updates for for 2000 are not available anywhere.

And if your return and tax file includes a state, it will not even load without first installing the state software which is not available for any year prior to 2014.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

If you have old .tax files you can try converting them to pdf files at  Www.Taxprinter.Com 

It might be expensive.  They are not connected with Turbo Tax.  Use it at your own risk.

I have every disk back to  1995 

my recollection: 

rhe way it worked in 2000 was a prelim disk was mailed in December and a final disk was mailed later ; there were no weekly updates the way TT administers the forms updates today via the internet 

so if you have a 2000 disk, if it is marked as “final” , then that is what was used for federal returns 

there was a separate desk for “state” - I think all the states were on the one disk; there was no preliminary disk for state so the 2000 disk is the final state disk 

First even if you have the disc I highly doubt it will install on a current OS ... and even the IRS doesn't have files that old ... so the real question is WHY do you need a copy of a return that old ? 

GeneJ
Returning Member

I need to find out how much Depreciation I claimed on a rental property I sold that year. Thanks for any help. Gene

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies