turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I revoke my consent to disclosure of my tax return information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

To cancel the Consent to disclosure of your tax return information that you signed, the tax return has to be cleared and started over.

To choose this option:

1. Click Tax Tools
  2. Click Clear & Start Over
  3. Confirm

While this will require you to redo the return in its entirety, it will also delete any and all forms associated with the return.

Clear & Start Over

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
apryllamb

I'm using TurboTax, the online version.  I went in and cleared my data and did my taxes all over again, but I could never get back to the consent page so that I could hit "Decline."  Please confirm that TurboTax/Intuit NO LONGER have my consent to disclose my tax return information, including Social Security number and other personal information.  [NOTE: This is not the consent form required to eFile, this is the Consent to Disclose my personal info).]  Thank you.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You can contact TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with revoking consent to share information. For more information about sharing your tax information with Intuit, please see the below help article. 

What happens after I share my tax info with Intuit?

@apryllamb

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
newuser8

I just spent an hour plus on the phone with customer service trying to revoke my consent for sharing my tax information. The agent on the phone could not help me. The email address [email address removed] does not work. All roads seemingly lead no where. I deleted also tried to delete year's tax return to start again, but it did not give me the prompt again about sharing my data so I do not believe that the consent has been revoked. Please help.

I must say that I find that answer and the implied software design absurb.  If I want to change my permission, I should not have to spend hours of work to do so.  It's my data, after all.  And my time.

Thanks.  That's not an optimal answer, but it is better than the preceding one to "start over."  Please note the link provided does not work.

Sadly, I'm not surprised.  Really aggravating, but not unlike the normal level of Intuit non-support.

From april 6th 2020 to march 30 2024 - still same problem. Was on call with Intuit support person. Same suggestion to clear the entire return and re-enter. Now after reading this thread - not even sure that it would work. This is really absurd!!!

This is very bad. America's premier tax software not only has a trap to make users to do unwilling consents - and no option to revoke. No option even to see what we signed. On top of that Intuit support tells us to clear and enter all tax filing information - hours of work. And at the end - you still can't revoke consent!!!

The posted link does not work.

Did you ever get help with this?  I just made the same error and am trying to figure out how to proceed.  I am not ok with them sharing our information and this will be the last time I ever use any of their products if they cannot provide the appropriate remedy and support for this.  I would like to know if they ever helped you so I know if there is any point in deleting and starting over.

Very true.  This is absurd and unethical.  I am about to be a former Turbo Tax user.

It's not that bad. There is intuit privacy page where you can choose options. Apparently consent also expires in one year.

The two I signed are 1. Use permission to improve their tax software. 2. Disclose permission. Thx to Cynthia who told this.

Besides what other choice we got. Hr one is worse. 

Did you get a response on how to revoke?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies