turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I get confirmation number for State e-filing?

No. WI is advising there should be a confirmation number for the submission.  My taxes were filed on 5/9 and WI does not show they were received.  The only way to track the return is by the confirmation number given when the taxes are submitted. 

@Jo911 wrote:

No. WI is advising there should be a confirmation number for the submission.  My taxes were filed on 5/9 and WI does not show they were received.  The only way to track the return is by the confirmation number given when the taxes are submitted. 

You'll have to phone TurboTax Support and ask them provide you what Wisconsin wants.

If you are using a paid edition (PLUS or higher), you have phone support.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8 PM Eastern) Monday-Saturday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

If you are using Free Edition, phone support is not included unless you upgrade to PLUS for a fee.  But you can contact a TurboTax Support agent for free directly via messaging at Twitter or Facebook.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

After being on hold for over 1.5 hours, then speaking to someone who doesn't understand your question so they ask you to hold for another hour.  After listening to the great music while on hold, you hear the repeated buzz noise alerting you that they just hung up on you.  Yes, that's exactly what I want to do, call them back! If there are all of these "experts" online to answer questions, how is it no one has answered this question? Have you seen the number of posts on these threads asking the exact same question??? Yet not a single correct response. 

@ Jo911 wrote:

After being on hold for over 1.5 hours, then speaking to someone who doesn't understand your question so they ask you to hold for another hour.  After listening to the great music while on hold, you hear the repeated buzz noise alerting you that they just hung up on you.  Yes, that's exactly what I want to do, call them back! If there are all of these "experts" online to answer questions, how is it no one has answered this question? Have you seen the number of posts on these threads asking the exact same question??? Yet not a single correct response. 

For completeness, I need to ask you the following because you haven't mentioned the efile status in any of your posts.

You haven't said outright yet if your efiled state return was accepted.   Are you sure the efile was accepted, and that it was not rejected or failed?    If you haven't checked, here's how:

Did you use Online TurboTax?   If so, log in, and at the Tax Home, what is displayed for the status of the state return there?   Does it say accepted, rejected, printed, started, or what?

If you used desktop software (CD/download), you can check the efile status inside the desktop program.   If you're using Windows version, here's how:

You can launch TurboTax and open the return, and then click on the FILE menu in the top left corner of the TurboTax interface, then in the dropdown menu choose "Electronic Filing", then choose "Check Electronic Filing Status."

delliott49
Returning Member

Yes how do I get my confirmation number

for e-file for state payment

@delliott49 There is not a confirmation "number" for e-filing your tax return.   If you e-filed you will get an electronic postmark/certification of electronic filing --is that what you mean?   It does not have a special number on it.

What are you trying to do?  Why do you think you need a number?

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note:  If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

And as for paying your state tax due your proof that you paid is your own bank or credit card statement.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ZOT
Level 1

I agree.  It was painful trying to get my state e-file completed using my credit card ($20) versus paying Intuit (Turbo Tax)  $40 to e-file.  I found if you press the continue button (you get a warning message), it’ll take you to a screen that lets you put in your cc info.  I placed two calls to Turbo Tax and received this link to Turbo Tax online user support.   I’ve reported a serious bug with the Federal and state of Idaho software that didn’t get resolved although my support ID says it was resolved which it wasn’t.  Thanks to this community of users, I found a workaround which was a pain but seemed to work.  I’m terribly dissatisfied with Turbo Home edition 2021.  

from calling intuit  number 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer care for help getting a State confirmation number. 

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the webform and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Twmages

How do I get my eFile confirmation number?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

To get your state e-file confirmation number you will need to contact TurboTax Customer Support, please see the link posted above by @SForrestLO

@Twmages

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cdmcdavid5
Returning Member

State Missouri Serial [PII removed] Amount $20

@cdmcdavid5 wrote:

State Missouri Serial [PII removed] Amount $20

This is mainly a public user community forum.   If you need a state efile confirmation number, here's how to phone TurboTax Customer Support for assistance.

Hours are currently 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

That's not the bright end of the tunnel answer!!  If one calls TurboTax (Intuit) sales and services and is getting nowhere for 45 minutes just for Intuit's employee smart ones' to give up and hangup on you.  2021 deluxe  turbotax software was a rather large mistake to be released by Intuit due to being an unfinished product.  Keeping it real!!

jimbax2

I need California State Confirmation Number

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies