Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sktaby

Has anyone else ever experienced the "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" error message? If so how did you get past it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

Has anyone else ever experienced the "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" error message? If so how did you get past it?

There is nothing you can do.  The program is having a problem.  Sometimes there will be a message to be notified when it is working again.  All you can do is wait for the problem to get fixed.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please provide additional details about the issue you are experiencing? Where in the program are you and what are you trying to do when you get this message?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jriblings

I've gotten this "snag" message in my federal review. Every time I try to answer any of the 7 questions it wants me to look over it always ends with this message.  Just stuck here with no way to get past it. I've cleared caches, tried 3 different browsers on 2 different computers and nothing seems to do the trick.

It is a TurboTax problem and not something you can fix.  You just have to wait until TurboTax fixes it.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here for more assistance and a work around that may help you with the issue that you are having.  If ths does not work please reach out to TurboTax customer support by clicking here.

yguo89

This is on the Federal Review page, after I have completely enter all my tax information without anything needs review. On the Federal Review page, it spun there for a long while and eventually just display the message "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section". This problem has been here for more than a week now. I have tried clear cache, using different browsers including Chrome and Edge, even different computers. Please resolve this problem ASAP since it's getting closer to file deadline!

yguo89

The answer is on desktop version of the software. I am getting the error on the online version.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are using the Online version and clearing cache/cookies, does not help, please try another browser or incognito mode.  You can also directly connect to your internet versus using wi-fi. If this doesn't work, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

The year is 2024 and I'm still facing the same problem...

Xboxjuan

It took me 5 hours 7 employees and like 9 phone calls to figure this one out. Its a problem with your account and only billing can fix it. Luckly Erica my last live help assistant was able to nail down the issues and get in contact with them. Save yourself my headache and loss of a an afternoon off and just get help from a live agent and tell them it's a problem with billing hopefully you will get Erica.

I'm trying to pay the audit defense via credit card and every time I tried this always pops up "Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag" 

Is this error pops up on you when you pay audit defense as well?

I'm having the same issue when I tried to pay Audit defense using credit card "Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag" pops up and won't let me pay it.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Are you still experiencing this problem? You might try turning off your pop-up blocker.

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

mrkow86

Has any else experienced the "

Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section

Let's get you back to your taxes. Make sure your Internet is connected, and then select Try again or check back in a few minutes."

I'm trying to file a business extension and this popup keeps recuring. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies