turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maj3
Level 2

Colorado 1099-G

I need the EIN for Colorado to report unemployment benefits. I have not received the 1099-G and will have to estimate my taxes. Anyone knows the EIN for Colorado?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Colorado 1099-G

You should contact the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment for a copy of your Form 1099-G and/or ask them for the Federal ID number.  Often you will have access to your tax forms online if there is an online account where you manage your benefits. 

Here is a link to the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment that will give you information about requesting a copy of your Form 1099-G:  Tax Form 1099-G

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
maj3
Level 2

Colorado 1099-G

I tried all of that and nothing worked. It is not posted to my account, and I had requested a replacement 1099-G several times before and never got anything. That department is dysfunctional at this time. I used the same EIN from the 1099-G for state tax refund. I am not sure if it is the same. Delays of filing puts me at risk and they are not responsible  government entity. That’s the best I could do. You would think such number should be public 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Colorado 1099-G

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Colorado 1099-G

I’m curious if that form is still necessary if this income is not being taxed?

Colorado 1099-G

Yes you still have to enter and report unemployment 1099G.   Only 10,200 is excluded but you have to report the full amount to start.  And not all states have the exclusion.

Colorado 1099-G

@Jsmcarson0422 You must enter your unemployment on your tax return.   The software will calculate how much--if any-- of your unemployment is taxable on your federal and state returns.   The software is up to date for unemployment income.

You will have to enter a 1099G that is issued by your state.

Some states will mail out the 1099G.  Or you might need to go to your state’s unemployment website and use the password, etc. that you have been using to certify for weekly benefits to get your 1099G from the state’s site.

Enter your 1099G in Federal>Wages & Income>Unemployment

Go through the screens very carefully, making sure  to enter any federal/state tax you had withheld from the unemployment.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-report-a-1099-g-for-unemploymen...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-report-unemployment-if-i-didn-t-g...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies