Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wils1001

Activation Code

Can not get into my turbo tax program 2019 why

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

Can you please provide specific details of the problem you're having with your 2019 software so that we can fully assist you?

@wils1001

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Activation Code

The program was installed but does not start, a white screen shows only "Turbo Tax 2021 activation".

I have windows 11

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

@josedariomora

Try the troubleshooting steps here to troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images.   This could be a matter of simply changing the display resolution, but there are a few other steps to try as well. 

If the above does not work, please reach out here in the thread for further assistance. 

Activation Code

The "computer with the exact same configuration" fix has stopped working. 

I opened TT today, using the same configuration as I had when I last updated it (actually a new code, as Intuit gave me a new one when I used up my allocation at the beginning of the month). 
TT updated. Didn't ask for the code. Yes! The exact same configuration seems to work!

Closed TT after entering some data.

Opened it again later - same configuration, same day. No updates needed. BUT IT WANTED MY LICENSE CODE AGAIN! 

Why can't intuit get this fixed? It was a problem a few years ago, then stopped, but is now back with a vengeance on steroids. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

Please reach out to TurboTax customer support for additional assistance with your software issue. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@pneame

GooberDud
Returning Member

Activation Code

I'm getting tired of reentering my activation code. Every time I open TT. Thankfully, today is the last time I "need" to open TT as I just want to e-file today. I've used TT since the floppy disk days and find this activation code issue exceptionally frustrating. Worse yet is the "solution" that "resolved" the problem supplied by the TT support team. I find disabling my virus checker to run TT unacceptable. Asking me to reboot the router is completely ducking the issue. I won't even give the other "solutions" the recognition of mentioning them. 

You don't suppose that TT will eventually tell me I've used the activation code too many times? If that happens, I'll be asking for a refund. 

Activation Code

My solution, which seems to work since I used up all of my activation codes and called customer support for a new one, is to have absolutely nothing plugged into my computer when I start/update TT. 

After opening it, I then plug peripherals that I need back in (mostly a docking station with drives attached).

This really is a ridiculous solution and TT is certainly the only software where anything like this has to be done. Not even Adobe or Microsoft do this!

GooberDud
Returning Member

Activation Code

LOL ... Since my installation of TT is on an external drive, this solution doesn't work. 

Thanks for trying. 

Activation Code

I didn't think you could install Turbo Tax on an external drive.  Has to be on your C: drive.    Or do you mean your tax return file is on the external drive?  

GooberDud
Returning Member

Activation Code

Sorry I misunderstood / was unclear. 

the .tax2021 and .pdf files are on the D: drive

The actual program installation is on the C: drive.

Activation Code

So I think my "solution" would still work - with my process I would have everything disconnected, open TT, plug in peripherals and then open the tax files explicitly on the external drive. 

Not much of a solution, but better than TT's usual suggestion of rebooting your router/disabling antivirals which is about the equivalent of "is your computer turned on?". 

Activation Code

@GooberDud   It sounded pretty clear,  you said.... installation of TT is on an external drive.   It's ok to have your data & pdf files on D.  

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it. Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was. Even a printer plugged in or not. It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again. It worked.

Asks for Activation at every launch
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

Activation Code

I lost the code to open the tax program

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

Please reach out to Customer Support for further assistance with your activation code. 

Customer Support

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies