turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amh011519

1099-R form

I am holding my 1099-R form in my hand but TurboTax is telling me the form isn't ready yet. It's telling me the form will be ready by 1/21/20 but that was seven days ago. I would like to enter these data today.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

1099-R form

Don't know where you are seeing the the Form 1099-R would or would not be available.  It is not a form that would be included in the TurboTax software just like a W-2 is not included in the software.  The 1099-R is received from the payer and entered on your federal tax return.

To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R

j4real78

1099-R form

I'm having the same issues and even tried uninstalling turbotax 2019 Premier and reinstalled.  I still get the same message that it will be installed as of 1/21/2020.  I did the whole search thing and it still does the same thing?  When will this be fixed?

1099-R form

It's working for 99.55% of all desktop users.

a FEW folks have been having some issues with that.

Talk to Customer Support during their working hours.  ( I know one person finally got ti fixed with a brand new download of the most current installation file of course they had to uninstall first...might have had to do a forced uninstall)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

1099-R form

I'm trying to enter my 1099-R forms but when I click on the button to proceed, it just goes to a blank screen. I  have been trying for two days now with the same result. 

The only option I'm being given is to upgrade for $30 so I can get support. I don't think I should have to pay for support when there is obviously a technical issue with a function that is supposed to be included with what I already have. 

1099-R form

@dawnwells23 wrote:

I'm trying to enter my 1099-R forms but when I click on the button to proceed, it just goes to a blank screen. I  have been trying for two days now with the same result. 

The only option I'm being given is to upgrade for $30 so I can get support. I don't think I should have to pay for support when there is obviously a technical issue with a function that is supposed to be included with what I already have. 

This is usually a web browser issue.  Clear cache and cookies on your web browser.  Close the web browser.  Relaunch the browser.  Sign onto you TurboTax account and try the 1099-R entry again - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If the problem persists then change your web browser.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies