Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jtruell

Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets. I’m not sure what this means?

Thanks. I tried that and it made it worse.

Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets. I’m not sure what this means?

Ok once you delete the state and select the check and it takes you to the page that says looks like you haven't finished your state taxes do you select the "start state taxes " or the " continue"?

wandak337

What does this mean?

311carmen

This happened to me so I upgraded to TurboTax max and paid an extra $50 and then my efile went through!!!

FYI - This response was able to get my taxes e-filed! THANK YOU! I was trying everything and kept getting the same error message until I deleted state and re-added it. Not sure what this is all about - I thought it was an issue with the free version so I paid $100 to have the same issue. Thank goodness for this response. 

wrong and wrong

I  HAVENT filed yet and I am filing middle of february.

next excuse please.

dammit..just admit your site is screwing this crap up. 
Ive used this service for 7 year or so...NEVER had ANY problems until THIS year.
NO...its NOT me....its NOT my tax forms...its NOT having filed already, etc.

Something with YOUR site is screwing MULTIPLE things up, including not efiling correctly for some of us here.

@sitesucks wrote:

wrong and wrong

I  HAVENT filed yet and I am filing middle of february.

next excuse please.

dammit..just admit your site is screwing this crap up. 
Ive used this service for 7 year or so...NEVER had ANY problems until THIS year.
NO...its NOT me....its NOT my tax forms...its NOT having filed already, etc.

Something with YOUR site is screwing MULTIPLE things up, including not efiling correctly for some of us here.

You have tagged onto a post that is a year old and is not applicable to your current issue.

The formset error is a TurboTax issue.  There is a possible workaround to remove this error.  Delete the state tax return and then complete the state return again.  Many users have found this to be effective in removing this error.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting a state tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

dallasff1
Returning Member

dallasff1
Returning Member

dallasff1
Returning Member

I'm having this issue now! So annoying! Everytime I try to file.

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

@tyrasmussen wrote:

I'm having this issue now! So annoying! Everytime I try to file.

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

This is a TurboTax issue.  Many users have had success filing their tax returns by deleting the state tax return and then completing the state return to remove the Formset error.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting a state tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

Thanks! I just tried that. Figured it wasn't going to work, but it did! So annoying that this is a glitch. All morning I have been trying to figure it out!!!  Now I wonder if I should have my girlfriend try it on hers even thou she owes/not getting nothing back from state.   Because she couldn't even file state without printing since she didn't owe.

Same here!! This is my 9th year using them and I have had no issues until now . I did my son's over the weekend and it went right through. Guess I will look at using taxact this year. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience. 

A. Check Availability

Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?

(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

B. Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below:

1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.

C. Send us your tax file
Still, receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program, and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent

Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies