Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Needs Update Loop

You may want to try reaching out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with this issue:

TurboTax Customer Support

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tomqu
Returning Member

Needs Update Loop

already have 3 times

have not worked as yet

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Needs Update Loop

We do apologize for the issue that you continue to experience. Please click What is the TurboTax phone number and choose the version of TurboTax that you are using to connect with the correct agent. Let the agent know that you are having problems with a known issue and that you need for them to first push the federal download and then the state download. 

Needs Update Loop

I ended up filing my Federal Tax only first.  I installed Turbo Tax 2019 and then reinstalled it from the original CD I had purchased.  It found the tax returns I had already filled out and recognized that the Federal Tax return had been filed and accepted.  I clicked on the State Taxes tab and checked a few of the items to ensure they were still the same.  I went through the efiling quetion again and submitted the State Return - this time with no errors.  What a mess this latest update caused.

Needs Update Loop

I am stuck trying to file State (IL). Keeps telling me there is an update for state and to check for updates. Then I check for updates and it states I am good. After reading about all the people having problems with the state, I tried just filing Fed solo and that worked fine. 

Here is what I tried for solving the state: 

Reboot

Ran repair 

Removed IL using downloaded cleaner

Removed ALL states

Ran repair again

Removed / Reinstalled

It's like Turbotax does not even check for State updates. It has done a handful of Fed and program updates successfully, but never anything about a state update. For some reason Intuit does not make the state updates available for download either. Seems like that would've solved my problem and hour after I ran into it. 

Oh, also got my Fed back yesterday. 

Seems like this years version wasn't vetted as well as the previous years. Quality Control department needs to be let go after this release. 

Needs Update Loop

cm231- It's been a week since I tried the IL state version. I filed Federal separately last week, and have since done what you did as well. I removed all state versions, ran repair, reinstalled, went through the return, and I'm getting the same update error message.

I will try using the link provided to talk to someone for IL issues. I have spent WAY too much time on this, and I think TT should consider, at minimum, refunding the $19.99 filing fee after all the time/trouble that everyone has experienced. Very poor customer relations for sure. Not sure if I will use it next year if these issues aren't resolved.

STAR19AAA
Returning Member

Needs Update Loop

PLZ CALL ME BACK

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Needs Update Loop

Unfortunately, we are not able to call you from this forum.

Here is information about contacting TurboTax, for assistance with customer service issues:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

OR

You can get live help from a Tax Expert with TurboTax Live:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6382274

Chrissy D

Needs Update Loop

After trying every option posted to this string, this finally worked. 

Very frustrating to have to repeat the final steps 10-12 times. I've spent 2 hours trying to file. Never would have thought doing my taxes would be easier than filing them. 

Appreciate your help!

Needs Update Loop

I cannot download my state form and I am using TT Deluxe.  I worked with 2 diff agents from TT last night for over 2 hours and we are all at a loss. We tried every known workaround. CMON Turbo Tax, I have 5 filings I need to complete!!!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Needs Update Loop

Just to clarify, did the TurboTax agents that you worked with send the push for the federal download and then the state download?

Needs Update Loop

[email address removed]

TurboTax Premier edition for home and business

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Needs Update Loop

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service

Needs Update Loop

They sent me a download for the Deluxe version which includes state and federal.  They did not send a separate state download

Needs Update Loop

Thank you. I have premiere version. 

shen

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies