turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

Sure, that's understandable, but they could have just left 2021 open. Can't use 2022 data for 2021. 

2021 is still functional  as well as the 2022 tab until 10/15/22. 

https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Logout.htm

1.jpg

brianallen
Returning Member

The itemizing of donated items is the key feature with the item's value look-up capabilities.

The tracking, of monetary donations, is not very hard to do offline.  Mint does help, but it has too many problems categorizing transactions to be truly useful.  With Mint, you would have to review all of your transactions to make it work.  If you go to that trouble, you can do it offline.

Amen! to the displeasure with Intuit's nonsensical discontinuation in midyear.  Although I understand Intuit's need to prioritize its resources, I would have expected you to provide notice in 2021 if the last tax year for which ItsDeductible could be used for filing would be 2021.  I have already entered several item non-cash donations for 2022 and hope Intuit will reconsider supporting the platform through the reminder of 2022 AND for filing 2022 (through at least April 17, 2023)!

The FAQ mentions "there are several free resources online available from reputable charities" - what are they?

brianallen
Returning Member

I have used ItsDeductible since 2007 and am astounded at this irresponsible, abrupt cessation of services with no warning.  Unethical is an understatement.

Intuit should at least support the software until the end of the 2022 tax year and then end services.  I have already entered over twenty donations for 2022 and now cannot import them to TurboTax. 

Why October 17th?  You could just as well terminate on December 31st and support importation for the 2022 tax year.

One of the reasons I use Turbotax is how well it works with ItsDeductible.

If you need to charge for an alternative product, do so, but such a product is needed.

They had to put a stop date so they will support until the end of the 2021 efiling season.  So if they kept it running until the end of 2022 then would they also be required to support it thru 10/15/2023 ... so this could be extended forever using this kind of logic.   The company had decided to stop support on this FREE TOOL due to lack of usage and the cost to keep it running.  Intuit is a for profit company and cannot have parts of the company drain the profits of the other sections.  This was not a malicious action but purely a business transaction. 

That's helpful - thank you!  https://satruck.org/Home/DonationValueGuide

Critter3 - I understand making business decisions, but - this "Free" tool, in my book was provided for my Paid (and not cheaply) annual TurboTax product.   The fact they didn't integrate the valuation lookup within the software is a moot point (and a pain as well - but definitely worth the effort in that you NEED that information).  I don't see this as taking away something that was offered as free - I see it as cutting that TurboTax function - and adding substantial burden to my filing of my taxes, via TurboTax (if in fact I stay with them - this changes the game for me).   The 2021 Tax SW was glitchy already, and not all forms were ready for the tax year filing. 

Just be aware that some IRS auditors are not accepting donation values unless they are specific to your locality.

It may be a business transaction, but it’s bad business. I guess it’s all about profit and loss. Let’s just throw customer service to the trash heap.

NO.

They issue a notice that December 31, 2022 is the last date for new entries and that only tax year 2022 will be supported into 2023.

No functionality is allowed for 2023 beyond that associated with the tax year.

That is how an ethical, well managed company would deal with customers whom it appreciates.

It is a ridiculous notion that there is no accomodating way to end support without wasting customer effort for six months.  I take it you must be employed by this company.

I ami not the only person I know who uses TurboTax because of the It’s Deductible functionality. I hope TurboTax rethinks this because in the end not only is the discontinuation a large inconvenience to its customers, but may very well cost them business.

I use Itsdeductible yearly.  I've never had any problems and have been pleased with the product. 

Why not offer this program with a fee? Has this even been floated as an idea?  I wonder if others share this feeling as well?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies