turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cantley_l

I would like to cancel full service it’s not helping me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

The following FAQ provides information on downgrading Turbo Tax Products : Downgrading Turbo Tax Versions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, the suggestion and the link you provided does not instruct how to cancel the Turbo Tax Online Full Service. Is there any way to cancel this?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you looking to downgrade or get a refund? Because the only way to erase your return is to clear and start over.

How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online?

The video link, the options on the left are not available for Full Service. No "tax tools.. and Clear & Start over" buttons are available. I understand what you are suggesting, but Full Service does not have the menu on the left. 

Can IT add these buttons in to have available?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@lauralynn245 You can remove TurboTax Live as long as you haven't used the Tax Expert feature. Here's what to do:

• With your tax return open, select File (if you don’t see this, select the menu or 3-line icon).
  • Proceed through the screens until you reach the Just a few steps left... screen, then select Start or Revisit next to Step 1: Review Your Order
  • On the Your order summary screen, select Remove TurboTax Live.

Please click How do I remove TurboTax Live? for further instructions. 

@cantley_l 

Hi, were you able to find a solution? I'm in the same situation and incredibly frustrated with this unhelpful responses by the TurboTax experts. I also want to end the full service and take my business elsewhere. My situation is that I've been working with a full service expert for 2 months now and just keep being dragged along with no idea of what's taking so long. Half-full responses and no deadlines being met. Overall ridiculous feature/service plan from turbotax this year. 

Hi @cantley_l unfortunately no. I am also extremely frustrated. Weeks of awful questions that did not change anything. It is the opposite of what I expected. When I have went to an expert, a CPA firm, I'd schedule a call, we'd go over things for 30-60 minutes and done.

Not this slow back and fourth. I dont know HOW many times I would get asked things when I was plainly saying "this is it". I feel like my tax situation was easy too. Student, married, no assets. It made no sense - the single questions I would get 7 days later. I totally dislike that a person would work on my taxes for 5 minutes, call, stop, pick back up 2 days later, 5 minutes, stop, call, over and over and over. I would think a solid one hour would do the trick! Not intermittent work - for 2 months!!

I dont think Turbo Tax has a feature to cancel because its the first year, its new, and the website is not developed fully for this service. I still get emails and I get occasional voicemails. I have since completed the taxes myself. This is the first year where I have left Turbo Tax. Which is unfortunate. I cant even call someone to cancel. Its honestly a joke. 

Hi @lauralynn245 

I might have figured it out!! In the app you have to go to the chat feature where you talk to a robo assistant (not your assigned expert)(for me it was a top right corner of the mobile app “?” Symbol). Here ask a question like “I need to change my tax expert” or “I need to cancel my full service” basically you need to get the reply where they immediately schedule to call you right away!! From here I was finally able to get out of the full service after talking with a live person who gave me a case number!!
I’m now on my way elsewhere... although I strongly considered just trying a new tax expert... but ultimately I’m taking a personal friends referral this year. 
@cantley_l hope this helps you too!

What a terrible user interface! I found a way after about 2 hours, if you have the TurboTax Live "full service" option.

If you've scheduled an appointment already, check your email for the confirmation. In that email, youll find a link to change it. Click that link, and choose a new time. After you confirm the new appointment, you'll see an option to cancel it entirely. Cancel it.

Now, refresh turbotax. You'll see an option to "do you own taxes" -- click that, and you'll be in the lower tier of turbotax live. From there, you can follow the instructions elsewhere to cancel at the end when you file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your response does not help. Why people should be surprised is beyond me.

v761844

im dealing with the same thing horrible service over 3 weeks. dont answer questions fully, doesnt understand state liability i need this cancelled asap. 

Ivyhe1688

I want to get my refund, please

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

We do not have access to your account in this public forum. Please feel free to contact Customer Support so they can assist you with this. You will want to use the keywords billing issues when you call so you get to the right person.

@Ivyhe1688

I did not give final approval to you to charge my account $247.00. I paused trying to get someone to adjust the charges I did not want or ask for. This is like a scam, charges are not shown until you have the credit card information, leaving a person with no option to change them. If the charges aren’t removed by you I will reverse them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies