turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cpat640

I purchased a Turbo tax cd and license code. Where do I enter it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

262 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

The license code is entered in the License code box on the activation screen.  Select continue after you enter the code to complete the installation. 

This link Activating TurboTax CD/Download software has information that you may find useful.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

You should be asked to enter the license code after installation. If you purchased the CD, but do not have a CD drive, you may still use the license code. 

1. Go to InstallTurboTax.com.
  2. Set up a TurboTax account if you don't already have one. If you do, sign in. (If you don’t remember your credentials, you can walk through our Account Recovery page to see if you already have an account.)
  3. Enter your license code in the pop up window.
    • It’s a 14-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) that can be found on your CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip.
  4. Select your operating system, and select Get Download.
  5. Download your software and install.
    • When you get to the Your product is installed, now let's activate it screen, enter your license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.

don't know where to enter code

@karencarter26 wrote:

don't know where to enter code

When you install the software from the CD the program will ask for the license code.

estre087
Returning Member

[Edit to remove PII]

jxcut

I've installed Turbo Tax 2020, Home and Business, started the program, installed the updates, and then it gets stuck on the Activation screen when it restarts.  There is nothing in the window except a small blue circle in the middle.

Scrapy386

I'm 66 years old. I have done my taxes by turbotax for over15 years. why in the hell do you make it harder every year. i just want to down load 2020 premier . I have the license code where do i do it. or give me a phone # I CAN TALK TO A HUMAM.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@Scrapy386 When you get to the Your product is installed, now let's activate it screen, enter your license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for assistance downloading your TurboTax Software:

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care for assistance. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

where do i enter license code

@paulemegeath wrote:

where do i enter license code

When installing the 2020 TurboTax software on your personal computer the screen for entering the license code will be displayed.

See this for the license code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

I/m unable find the site/page where I/m to enter my license code!  I have no CD port!!!! 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Me too I have removed uninstalled three times and reinstalled and when it comes up I can't type the lic in box although I can see it it seems to be frozen please help

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried clearing your cache? If you need help doing so click here.

If you are still having trouble please feel free to reach out by contacting us.

Contact Us

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies