Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I inserted my turbotax cd in the drive and nothing happens. What do I need to do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

30 Replies

I inserted my turbotax cd in the drive and nothing happens. What do I need to do?

Also be sure the CD is not upside down.  (yes, it happens).

You may need to send a command to the CD drive if autorun is disabled.   The steps below tell how to force the CD setup to start.

Here are the recommended installation steps:

You must install using Administrator privilege.
First  manually disconnect your computer from the Internet so you can safely temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall software programs.
Close any other open programs.
If installing from a downloaded installation file, then double-click the file to start the install process, and skip the CD steps.
If installing from a CD, insert the CD and the installation should launch.  If it doesn't start installing automatically, then here's how to launch it:

Hold down the Windows+R keys to open the Run window.
      Click Browse, and then navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually Drive D).
      Double-click the setup.exe file.
      Click OK to launch the installer.

After installing, be sure to re-enable your antivirus and firewall programs before connecting  your computer back up to the Internet.
Reboot (restart) your computer.
Open TurboTax and run the updater.
SherekaB

I would suggest contacting customer service. They can issue you a download copy of the disc since it is not loading from your CD-ROM. 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

The above is the best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person so that you can get the help you need. But if you still require assistance, you can contact us on (800) 446-8848.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

oc0511753563
First, please try the simple command to force the setup program to start.  See the installation steps I provided above.
Also be sure the CD is not upside down.  (yes, it happens).

I inserted my CD into my drive and nothing happens,, What do i need to do to get started.

Inserted the CD but nothing happens

Done all you suggest, still nothing works

What kind of computer & OS are you trying to install it on?  Does it read other CD/DVDs?  If you can install the CD you can download the program instead.

To download instead use this FAQ

How to install Turbo Tax if you don't have a CD drive

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Have you tried another CD to make sure that the CD drive is working?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
crappeye

my cd is not istallig

Then try downloading the program.  How to install Turbo Tax if you can't use the CD
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

no

67by67by
Returning Member

I am frustrated since I still cant load the disk????

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax Help article below for help troubleshooting installation issues. 

Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for...

Please click here for Mac.

If these steps do not help resolve the issue, please click the link below to help get your connected to the right person for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pbretl1

I inserted my intuit turbotax cd in the drive and nothing happens.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies