turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am unable to transmit file why

Tried selecting just Federal return, and it still gives the same error.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Please try the troubleshooting steps listed in the FAQ link provided below. If that still does not work, you can either come back to this forum and let us know or reach out to TurboTax customer support for assistance:

What if Transmit Returns doesn't work?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This issue is happening to me, too. I'm also an NC filer. I have no issues accessing the Internet, and TurboTax did a great job of accepting my $20 for the automatic deposit of the refund. I'm not willing to delete the state and start over later. I very likely would have to pay that $20 again. What's the root cause of this issue? Is it really that Intuit hasn't entered all of the NC forms yet??? 

I was able to just file my federal return by unchecking the option to file the NC state return at the beginning of the e-file process. So now I am just waiting for these NC forms to be finalized. There is a article I found online that says the NC tax forms won’t be ready until mid-February. 

albo99

I am also from NC, and saw this error.  I was also able to efile just the Fed tax return.  I just hope when I go back to do the NC return they don't try to charge me again.

I was able to transmit both my federal and RI tax forms yesterday after installing the latest updates to TurboTax.

Thankfully, I also was able to submit only my federal. I didn't realize that there was an option to submit the one and not the other. It helps to read the app. 😄 

samanthapettiway1
Returning Member

yes

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

So that we can better assist you can your provided us more details on the message you are receiving? Thanks. 

bclonch

I'm getting the following message and I'm not sure what to do about it? Is this an issue with TurboTax or is it something on my end. I've never experienced this issue in the past.

The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. Make sure your TurboTax program is up-to-date: Go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file this return by mail. - Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available. - TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return.

I am getting the same message also. I cannot transmit 2021 tax returns at this time. I was able to obtain the NC state updates but still cannot file at this time.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This may be related to your state return, which state are you filing in?

@bclonch

@Jackfrostnc wrote:

I am getting the same message also. I cannot transmit 2021 tax returns at this time. I was able to obtain the NC state updates but still cannot file at this time.

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

I am having the same issue right now

North Carolina

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies