turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bclonch

I am unable to transmit file why

I was thinking the same thing but I received the NC updates yesterday and was able to successfully complete and file my son's returns so I assumed the NC issues were resolved.

@Jackfrostnc wrote:

North Carolina

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

North Carolina state unable to e-file

I obtained the NC updates this morning and paid the $20 for the state e-file however it cannot be transmitted at this time.

I am having the same problem.  I received the email that the missing NC forms had been updated, and those were downloaded to the system.  I finished everything including providing info for the amount of tax owed, and a credit card for the turbo tax state charge.  When getting to "transmit your return", I received the message "The Turbo Tax system is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending.  Make sure you have the latest updates (which I have).  If that doesn't work, go to www. support.turbotax.com.  The tax year 2021 transmissions are not available.  Turbo Tax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return.  Does this mean that although the forms are now available, that it is not yet built into the system to transmit the return?  If so, when will it be available so I will know whether or not I simply need to mail the form.  Thank you.

blam49er

I'm having the same issue with my NC return.  I have updated my software and just paid the $20 to e-file.  Now I'm getting a message that says I may have to file by mail?  I want my $20 back?

You will be able to submit both on 2/24/22, I am being told. Having the same issue

Same issue here.  I received an email that NC forms were ready.  I updated and completed the state forms and then paid for efile transmission.  When I transmitted, I received a message that the file could not be accepted and I may have to mail the return.  This is unacceptable.  Hopefully this is just a timing glitch, but I need an answer.  Please email with any patches or hot fixes to resolve this issue.  1Also, system will not provide a customer service number for me to call when requested.  It gives me a blank line with no number and thanks me.  SMH

Carol Shackelford

@Carolshack wrote:

Same issue here.  I received an email that NC forms were ready.  I updated and completed the state forms and then paid for efile transmission.  When I transmitted, I received a message that the file could not be accepted and I may have to mail the return.  This is unacceptable.  Hopefully this is just a timing glitch, but I need an answer.  Please email with any patches or hot fixes to resolve this issue.  1Also, system will not provide a customer service number for me to call when requested.  It gives me a blank line with no number and thanks me.  SMH

Carol Shackelford

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I stated in my comment that I had received a notice from Intuit that NC files were ready for download and I updated.  The February 24th date was obviously an estimate.  The point is that it is accepting payment for efile transmission and then upon submission there is an error message even though all forms are correct, current and updated per Intuit.  It allowed you to finish tax forms and pay, but transmission is not working.

bdkriesen

I keep receiving the following message: Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available - Turbo Tax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return.

What's up? The government is ready to receive tax files.

I am trying to transmit my return on the desktop TurboTax Premier and getting the error: The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending.  Mare sure your TurboTax program is up-to-date: Go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates.  If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround.  In some cases, you may need to file this return by mail. - Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available. - TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return.

What gives?  I am up-to-date.  I am filing for NC as well, but not even getting past the Federal submit yet.  I am going to be very upset if I am forced to file by mail.  

@sjgaboury wrote:

I am trying to transmit my return on the desktop TurboTax Premier and getting the error: The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending.  Mare sure your TurboTax program is up-to-date: Go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates.  If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround.  In some cases, you may need to file this return by mail. - Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available. - TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return.

What gives?  I am up-to-date.  I am filing for NC as well, but not even getting past the Federal submit yet.  I am going to be very upset if I am forced to file by mail.  

If you have not filed the federal tax return already, you can change the filing method for the state return to File by Mail in the File section of the program.  Then e-file the federal return.  After the federal return has been accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return.  Just go back to the File section and change the state return back to e-file.

Using Mac application. efile transmission failed. Persistent. All updates are loaded. Have closed everything but TurboTax, and have disabled antivirus.

Console log follows:

2022-02-11 18:00:02.682 TurboTax 2021[65132:307807] Efile_Error - FilingActions didFailValidationWithReason Validation failed: The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. Make sure your TurboTax program is up-to-date. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases you may need to file the return by mail. - Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available. - TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return.
2022-02-11 18:00:53.466 TurboTax 2021[65132:307807] startDispatch
2022-02-11 18:01:29.116 TurboTax 2021[65132:323661] Event property value length should not be more than 999
2022-02-11 18:01:29.116 TurboTax 2021[65132:323661] Event property value length should not be more than 999

Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies