I am converting from a PC to Mac and my historical TurboTax files are in PC format. Can I convert last year's file to Mac format and import into TurboTax 2014 for Mac?

All you need is your .tax2013 file from your PC copied to your Mac to transfer your 2013 information into your 2014 return.  You don't need to convert the file, when you start your 2014 return & it asks if you want to transfer your prior year information select Yes & then browse to where you saved your .tax2013 file.

Also move the PDF's which can be opened by Adobe Reader.

Here are the steps from TurboTax's FAQ on how to transfer last year's TurboTax Windows return into TurboTax for Mac

1.On your Windows computer, find last year's tax file and copy it to a removable device like a thumb drive or flash drive.
2.On your Mac, copy the tax file from the flash drive to your desktop.
3.Open TurboTax for Mac and choose File > New Tax Return.
4.TurboTax will search for 2013 tax return files on your computer and should find it. If not, click the Find your tax return link, browse to your desktop, and select the file.
5.Wait for TurboTax to finish transferring the information over.

Does this solution still work for transfering a 2018 PC file into 2019 Mac one? 

Yes. 

You can't transfer the programs.  They have to be installed from the CD or Download.  You don't need to install the prior year programs unless you need to amend that year.  Before you move your tax return files make sure you have saved each year as a PDF file.  So you may want to open each year and do that.  FILE - SAVE TO PDF

What I would do is just copy the whole Turbo Tax folder that is under your Documents.  That should be where the .tax files and PDF files are stored.  Then copy that folder to a flash drive or best yet is to burn it to a CD or DVD and then you will have a backup of them.   Then on the new computer copy the folder (or files) from the flash drive to your Documents folder.  Those can always be at least read by any system, even if they can't be used directly by the program.

Especially....if you are upgrading to Windows 10....there is no guarantee that any of the 2014...or prior year tax programs will run at all on W-10.  That has yet to be determined...

Save the PDF for each year twice.

1) Once as the tax return for filing   (this contains just the filing tax forms)

2) Again as the tax return, but with ALL the forms and worksheets (this contains all of your worksheets and shows all  of your entries on some form or another).

The selection of the bare tax return, or the extended tax return with everything is made during the Save-to-PDF process.

And back those PDFs up to a backup USB or CD....every year we get tons of folks begging for access to a tax return on a crashed disk....TTX doesn't have it...only you do when you use the desktop software.

See this TurboTax support FAQ concerning moving tax files to a new computer - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901474-how-do-i-move-my-tax-data-file-to-another-computer