vallisetsky

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

I bought TurboTax Deluxe and TurboTax State: California. Later during filling forms i accidentally switched to "free file program". Now i cannot switch back and submit for tax return.

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

I always get message:

You don’t qualify to file free

Based on the information you provided, you do not meet the qualifications required to use IRS Free File Program
delivered by TurboTax. The reason is:

Your adjusted gross income is more than $36,000, and you do not qualify for the Earned Income Credit (EIC).

mesquitebean

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

@ vallisetsky wrote:

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

I always get message:  You don’t qualify to file free

Based on the information you provided, you do not meet the qualifications required to use IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax. The reason is:

By "bought" are you referring to Online Deluxe as opposed to desktop software (CD/download)?  If so, you can try the following to get back to Online Deluxe, although if you already paid for Online Deluxe previously when you were using it, I don't know what affect that will have.  I'm actually surprised it even let you switch to TurboTax IRS Free File in the first place if you already had paid for Online Deluxe.

Here are the steps, which will hopefully allow you to keep the same account and your already-entered data:

• First log out of all Intuit accounts. 
  • Delete your browser Internet cache and any Intuit-related cookies.
  • Close your browser and reopen it.
  • Go to https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/
    You can copy that link to your clipboard to use when you reopen the browser.
  • When you arrive there, do NOT sign in yet.
  • Choose the product you want like you hadn't even started a return before, and click on "Start for Free".
  • It will ask how you did your taxes last year.  Say "TurboTax", and then it will ask you to sign in.
  • When you log in, it may recognize you were using the IRS Free File Program and should ask you if you want to switch to a TurboTax commercial product and not use the IRS Free File Program anymore.   Say "yes".
  • Hopefully, that will put you back in regular Online TurboTax while keeping your originally-entered info.
  • If it doesn't, then try using a different browser and following the steps above.

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

Were you using the Online Deluxe account or did you buy the Desktop CD/Download Deluxe program you install on your computer?   Online and Desktop are different things.

To go back to a paid Online version........

Check out this one.  User OpFor at the end seems like he found a way to upgrade from Free File website and keep his info

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-i-don-t-qualify-for-free-file-this-year-as-it-...

To switch back to the Desktop installed program you can download the .tax2019 file, see......

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

mesquitebean

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

@ vallisetsky wrote:

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

• First log out of all Intuit accounts. 
  • Close your browser and reopen it.

vallisetsky

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

That worked!

Online deluxe account restored with the same creds.

Thank you so much!

How i can restore my Deluxe account?

FYI ... the IRS has 10 options to file for free so in the future try them first before you purchase any program ... for 2019 if your AGI was $69K  or less there was a program for you ... https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free