How do i refile a rejected state ONLY return after...

How do i refile a rejected state ONLY return after correcting it, NOT the federal, which has been accepted?

app is prompting me to submit “returns” but i want to resend ONLY the state return.
Employee TurboTax Specialist

You will only be able to file your State Return once the Federal Return has been Accepted or is being filed at the same time.  Please see the Community Post here for further details.  

The reply I found in help center did not answer the question.  My Federal file has been accepted.  Due to an error in your software that I paid for, my CA State was rejected.  How do I get past the Federal filing option to reach State and resubmit and not resubmit my Federal filing that does not need to be filed?  

Employee TurboTax Specialist

What rejection code are you getting? Try the steps below to resubmit your state return:

1. Click on State on the left column. 
  2. Confirm that a resident return in the State of California is being filed. 
  3. Click continue.
  4. Answer the questions about your filings.
  5. On the next screen, titled Your Principal Residence, enter your county of residence.

Once the California county is reentered as outlined above, you can continue to refile your return. 

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.