Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I download Turbotax just purchased from Staples? Purchased a CD with free download, and Staples says download must come from Intuit.

@jerrydurbin51 wrote:

Do you hear me?  There is NO cd drive.  How do I download and enter license code?

See this TurboTax support FAQ if you do not have a CD drive - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

How do I download Turbotax just purchased from Staples? Purchased a CD with free download, and Staples says download must come from Intuit.

There should be a card in the box that says how to download the program.

How to install Turbo Tax if you don't have a CD drive
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

Do you get to this page? (when you type in InstallTurboTax.com)
https://turbotax.intuit.com/lp/ty19/desktop/access-my-downloads

Do not click on the bottom link to Switch to TurboTax Online. That takes you to the Online web versions and not your Desktop download.

I have used the Turbo Tax CDs for years and have never had a problem.  Each year for the past several years I purchased from Costco and Walmart.  This year, I purchased my copy of Turbo Tax from Staples.  Every other year as soon as I put the CD in the computer, it has automatically come up Welcome to Turbo Tax as so forth but this year, I put the CD in the computer and nothing comes up.  How do I download onto my computer? I have an license code.

B2three

Where is the answer to this question?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax help article for assistance with downloading and installing your software.

How to install TurboTax CD/Download software with license code

@B2three

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Staples emails a link for the download within 1 business day after buying. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies