Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

cjmooch
Returning Member

How do I check for updates

Tried to transmit my return, said to go online for update and can't find. While program said all .is updated ??

Welles
Returning Member

When I go to Review I don’t get any automatic updates which I was notified have been made; instead I get instructrions to complete my Massachusetts return, even though I have completed it with no red flags in the forms window.

I am encountering a state looping error for the state of Illinois.
It keeps saying "There is an update available for your version of TurboTax. Before you can file electronically, you’ll need to get this update. To do this, go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates."
However, after updating, the same message continues to reappear, resulting in an endless loop.
Is there a workaround for the state of Illinois?
I already paid the $19.99 file fee.😡
I also tried updating with the patch.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-soft[product ke...

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We do apologize for the issue that you continue to experience. Please click What is the TurboTax phone number and choose the version of TurboTax that you are using to connect with the correct agent. Let the agent know that you are having problems with a known issue and that you need for them to first push the federal download and then the state download. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can not process E-file my State return due to the technical's difficulty, can I get the refund for the state e-file fee?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click the link below to contact Customer Support for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

How do I get to the MENU tab to check for updates/

I am using the disc version, not  the online version, sing my Mac

Using the desktop version on a Mac

@bethesdabob wrote:

How do I get to the MENU tab to check for updates/

TurboTax for Mac automatically adds the current tax form updates whenever you select Check for Updates from the TurboTax menu. This creates the illusion that updates are available even if you're on the latest release.

If you want to make sure you're up-to-date, quit and reopen TurboTax. If you're not on the latest release, the program will automatically download it.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, updates occur automatically.   If you are using MAC, the program updates when you start the program - and for the Window version, see below:

If you're on a PC, open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. On a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Tips:

• It's best to use a wired, high-speed connection when updating, both to save time and minimize data corruption.
  • If your connection drops in the middle of the update, try again; it should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try a manual update.

@ireneidud

Related Information:

filing federal and state was not accepted because updates needed.  How can I check on updates.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

f you can't update your TurboTax for Windows software using the normal update method, you can download and install a manual update. This is an executable file that can be downloaded locally or onto a removable device for transfer to another computer.

Manual updates are available for TurboTax for Windows federal CD/Download software products. They're not available for the Mac or TurboTax State programs, nor will they convert an older version of TurboTax to the current version.

See the Related Information section for more info.

Related Information:

The online instructions for updates said to go to TurboTax Menu.  How do I access that ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies