Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

subodh11

How can I download CD version of Turbotax Premier on multiple computers with different accounts?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

How can I download CD version of Turbotax Premier on multiple computers with different accounts?

Please click this TuboTax FAQ to learn how to download the CD version of TurboTax to multiple computers. 

1. Go to InstallTurboTax.com.
  2. Set up a TurboTax account if you don't already have one. If you do, sign in. (If you don’t remember your credentials, you can walk through our Account Recovery page to see if you already have an account.)
  3. Enter your license code in the pop up window.
    • It’s a 16-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that can be found on your CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip. (Note: The 2019 product has a 14-character code that looks like this: XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)
  4. Select your operating system, and select Get Download.
  5. Download your software and install.
    • When you get to the Your product is installed, now let's activate it screen, enter your license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.

If you need help installing, we can help with Windows and Mac.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
abelkiser
Returning Member

This did not address the question at all. It asks about "multiple computers". Neither the response or link helped with this.

You should be able to, in Chrome, "sync" all devices if you are using a decent fraud protection software system. It should have given you a "multiple devices" alert. If you go onto your browser account and click on the three dots at the top right, provided you purchased "multiple device" protection, it will give you the option of the sync mode I mentioned. I believe 5 to 10 for Norton is around $49/yr right now. I hope it works! Please let me know if it does not.

My problem is, I used the CD version on an apple computer. I purchased the Turbotax Premium edition so that I can use the CD and have my son download the version for his Windows laptop. This solution does not help for that. He is unable to download, any ideas on how to get the Premier edition download???

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

You're able to download to multiple computers, but you must use the same TurboTax account.

@praemart Refer to the instructions in the following Help Article to see if you're able to get a Windows copy of the download:  I bought the CD, but my computer doesn't have a CD drive  If not, you'll need to speak with someone on our phone support team for further assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

Is it your son's computer?  Do you own it?  Actually you are not suppose to share it.  The License is to install Turbo Tax on 5 computers you own.

There is a problem if you first installed the CD.  It doesn't connect you to an account you can find.  You have to call in and ask for the download and a new License Code.  Hopefully you get a customer service person who know about it.

This guy explained it good

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/cannot-reinstall-download-cd-product-on-second-co...

I have tried signing in with the same user account, but have not been successful in downloading the Windows version on a different laptop. So frustrated, any other suggestions on how to activate the download Premium  software after using the CD ?to activate on a different computer

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@praemart You will probably need a new download pushed to your account.  However, as @VolvoGirl explained, the purchase of TurboTax CD Download software is to use on 5 computers you own.  I cannot definitively say if you will be able to get a free Windows download when you purchased the Mac software. 

Please call and speak with someone in phone support:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

I will try to contact support as per @DaraLO and @VolvoGirl . Also, the laptop my son uses is owned by me. That was the whole reason we bought this edition, for the advertised multiple uses in our family. Still very frustrated with this process. Thanks to @DaraLO and @VolvoGirl  and @WendyN2  for the help.

wally323

Am I able to use download version on a mac and a windows PC using different accounts

Yes.  But you don't need different online accounts.   You don't log in online to use the Desktop CD/Download program.  But if you download to one os you will need to call in ask ask for the other download to be put in your account.

I've read through many of the previous posts. I'm in a similar situation--bought the CD version and used it to install TT on my Windows PC. Now I want to download on a Mac without an internal CD drive. Got the error message about the license code already being associated with an account. Just called TT and was told I can't use the CD and the download! Rep said I have to choose--so since I used the CD already I'm stuck using that on other computers. And she also said I could connect an external CD drive to the Mac and install from the CD onto my Mac. Is this really true? Thanks.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Yes. Please see this Help Article for instructions on how to install the TurboTax software on your Mac.

@deb46

Thanks for the info. Can you show me where in the license agreement that it says I have to choose download or CD? 

@MoniqueLO_ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies