turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

nicole291

Having trouble logging into TurboTax. Have used TurboTax in previous years but cant seem to access my account.

I am on a Mac, no windows on a Mac. 

fyi

thanks. 

NEVER have an issue getting in prior years

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Having trouble logging into TurboTax. Have used TurboTax in previous years but cant seem to access my account.

@nicole291

@frankmastice wrote:

can not log into turbo tax 2021

You have to sign onto your online account using the exact same User ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the User ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bertmazon

I gave my phone umber [phone number removed] and a text was sent. I entered the number sent but it did not work.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please clarify your question, are you trying to recover your TurboTax account?

@bertamazon

Craig1212
Returning Member

Need help filing and receiving a earned tax credit

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Are you experiencing issues with logging it to your account? or are you just needing assistance with filing your taxes in general? this thread is related to lockout issues. Please advise and we will be happy to assist. In the meantime, if your concern is account access related, please ensure that you are logging in with the same Turbo Tax account that you used last year. I will also include an account recovery  resource @Craig1212.

Dallas6

I cant log in, my email changed since last year, please help

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You will need to update your account information if you no longer have access to the email address on file. I am including a few help articles for you below @Dallas6.

How to change Turbo Tax Email

Account recovery request

Please help me login.  Was on yesterday and went right in. But, not today. Help

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can try recovering your account with your phone number. All  you need is the account information that was used to set up your account. If you don't have that information or you need assistance getting back into your account, you can follow the steps in this TurboTax FAQ here.

I was finally able to change my cell phone number contact for this support page. I have not been able to change it to download my previously purchased 2021 Turbotax Deluxe. My new Windows 11 computer came without a drive for installing from the disk. When I try to log in, I can get the first confirmation at my email address, but turbotax wants to confirm it is me by sending a second confirmation to a cell phone number which I have not had in years. I tried calling the support phone number and got cut off twice. I also contacted the turbotax facebook page and was directed to a link where I can change my email or password after I log in. I need to be able to change my cell phone contact number and I need to do it before I log in, because turbotax does not recognize my old password. I am already starting to get frustrated and I haven't even started working on my taxes. 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please try doing an account recovery by clicking here. Since you don't have the same phone number, then instead run the tool on your email addresses that you can access. 

If still no luck, Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Once you are logged in, be sure to update your phone number by following the instructions in the link: TurboTax account information?

@swamimarti

poconn02

Hi, 

Having trouble logging into TurboTax. Have used TurboTax in previous years but cant seem to access my account. I have recently moved to Ireland and my American phone number is no longer in service and Turbo tax keeps requesting to verify my account by texting my American phone number.

I have a W2 form ready to file taxes just having trouble with the account. 

Regards,

P

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the steps of Account Recovery located in the Help Article here for further assistance.  

CWRose49

I want to use the CD but it has me in Turbo Tax online instead.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies