turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Having trouble logging into TurboTax. Have used TurboTax in previous years but cant seem to access my account.

@Curty Have you tried recovering your account with your phone number? It's the most successful way to recover your account.

AlsoFor your security, only you can make changes to your TurboTax account. Our phone support team doesn't have access to update or modify your account information.

The following link has a form you can fill out to help retrieve your account.

Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Having trouble logging into TurboTax. Have used TurboTax in previous years but cant seem to access my account.

I have moved to another state from the last time I used TurboTax. I no longer have the same email address, so do I start all over when signing in? Last year, because of moving, selling my house and buying another, I used an accountant to do my taxes. I want to come back to TurboTax. What do I do?

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Grammy3boys You are welcomed to start a new account with TurboTax since you don't have the same email address anymore. Keep in mind, this new account will not contain any of your previous tax records that may have been filed with TurboTax previously.

If you wish to still use the previous email address but don't remember the password, you can use the Account Recovery form to gain access. You can also use this to update the email address on your previous account. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this. 

Email: [email address removed]

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax Help Article for assistance with accessing your account:

Forgot your TurboTax Online User ID or password?

@bpjuno3180

Yes I'm having trouble logging in.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

If you can sign into your TurboTax account successfully but need to update your email address, here are the instructions. If you've forgotten your User ID or password try our account recovery process.

If you no longer have access to your email address or phone number and can't access your account, please fill out the form on the page Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account.

I have used Turbo Tax many years. Recently I changed computers. I can not see to log into my old account. I began this year's taxes a month and a half ago but I can not get to it. Advise. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It is important to use the same username as used in the past to access your account. 

For more instruction, see: How many Intuit Accounts do I have with TurboTax?

How do I change my TurboTax account email?

@F Paul Esposito

larkinfan

What is going on?  I am going to be in trouble!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It is possible to start a new account, but the prior years would not ever be linked to the new account. If you have any situations from last year that impact the next year, then it is best to find the old username and password.

For more support, see: Forgot your TurboTax Online User ID or password?

@larkinfan

can not log into turbo tax 2021

@frankmastice wrote:

can not log into turbo tax 2021

You have to sign onto your online account using the exact same User ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the User ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

nicole291

I have used TT for years, and can not get on . 

plus the automated person is useless.

I have an account. PLEASE advise. 

[email address removed]

Please also sent phone # for assistance. Thank you

nicole291

HI, have used TT for years, I am on a MAC, this is the first time its not letting me on the system. Thank you in advance

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies