Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fixing my taxes

its not letting me fix my taxes 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Fixing my taxes

When you're done entering all the tax documents. you must do a Federal Review to check for errors and missing information.  You may do the steps below:

1. Click Federal Review located on the upper right hand side of the screen .
  2. Click review to each details ,and it will take you to the form/s that had error/s..
  3. You do the same on your state income tax. 
  4. When done fixing, go back to Federal Review to check if the return is ready to e-file.
westdarnel
Returning Member

Fixing my taxes

my efile is being rejected after completing the filing

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Fixing my taxes

If you received an ACTION NEEDED! email from turbotax@intuit.com, it'll give you a brief explanation of your reject and how to update it. You can also do this:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account and select Fix my return to see your reject code and explanation.
  2. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the info causing the reject.
  3. Select File in the left-hand menu to refile your return, either e-file or file by mail.

Please click How do I fix a rejected return? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Fixing my taxes

I filed my taxes, while I was waiting on the transmission to get completed, it rejected the federal income

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Fixing my taxes

For further assistance on how to correct a rejected return, please see the Help Article here.  

JimMoore1963
Returning Member

Fixing my taxes

F1040-164-01 Form 8862

Fixing my taxes

i didnt mean to amend my taxes need to know how to unmend them

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Fixing my taxes

You need to get a transcript from the IRS to see what is posted.  Did the original return post?  Sid the amended return post.  If so you can file another amendment to correct the last amendment.  You need to wait until everything posts.  You don't want to keep adding to the problem.

Here is how to order a transcript:

To obtain a full copy of your filed and processed tax return (including income forms such as W-2s and 1099s), print and complete IRS Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return. Be sure to follow the instructions on page 2 of the printout. The IRS charges $50 for each copy. Please allow up to 75 days for delivery.

If you can't wait that long or don't want to pay the $50 fee, consider a free IRS transcript. A transcript contains most line items from your return and can be used if you need last year's AGI or other numbers from a previously-filed return. Here's what a transcript looks like. To order, go to the IRS Get Transcript page and choose an option: online (same-day) or by mail (5–10 days). 

Since you know how to amend, I do not need to send instructions.

Jimbo367
Returning Member

Fixing my taxes

i dont know how but it was totally incorrect at the end and was sent to IRS , I was told by a turbotax rep that i had to wait 3 weeks, well its 3 weeks 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Fixing my taxes

If you need to fix a return that was already filed, you need to amend it. Form 1040X Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return won't be available until 03/26/2021.

Wait until the IRS either accepts or rejects your return.

If the IRS rejects your return, you can make the changes and re-submit your return.

If the IRS accepts your return, you have to wait until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund. Then you can prepare an amended tax return and mail it in. 

1. In TurboTax, scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. Select Show and then select Amend (change) return, and then Amend using TurboTax Online. (If you don't see Your tax returns & documents, select Tax Home on the left.)
  2. Select the reason you’re amending and follow the instructions

Fixing my taxes

trouble with fixing my taxes haven't received no stimulus checks yet 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Fixing my taxes

@Napt0wnb07 For one on one assistance with filing your return, please contact customer support by clicking here

To track your stimulus payment, please use the Where's My Payment tool here

jbt333

Fixing my taxes

I need to enter my agi from last year so I can efile. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies