Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2L4E

Customer service phone number

My license code on my product box will not work for set up. I really would like to speak to someone who could help me solve this issue. Thanks, Jack Daugherty

@2L4E wrote:

My license code on my product box will not work for set up. I really would like to speak to someone who could help me solve this issue. Thanks, Jack Daugherty

If you would read the answers in this thread there are multiple posts on how to contact TurboTax support.

LuluG166

• What is customer services phone number

@ LuluG166 wrote:
  • What is customer services phone number

If you are using a paid edition (PLUS or higher), you have phone support.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

If you are using Free Edition, phone support is not included unless you upgrade to PLUS.  But you can contact a TurboTax Support agent for free directly via messaging at Twitter or Facebook.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

SamS1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax support is open daily from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific.  Here is a link which will help you with based on the TurboTax product you are using.

TurboTax Product Support

Alilwon24

How to add more information in your taxes ?? 

Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my return now?”  If you did that, you cannot do anything to fix it yet.  The IRS will begin to accept/reject 2020 returns on Friday, February 12, 2021.  You have to wait for the email that tells you if your return was accepted or rejected.  If you do not see an email, check your spam folder.

You cannot change or add anything on the return that you just e-filed, nor can you stop it.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox on the corner.

If you left out a W-2, a 1099G, or a dependent, or a 1099 etc…DO NOT change your return while it is “pending.”  The changes will go nowhere.

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes to your tax return and re-submit your return.

If the IRS accepts your return, however, then you have to wait longer until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund.  THEN you can prepare an amended tax return and mail it in. You have to be able to work from that return exactly the way it was when it was e-filed originally.  You will need to use a form called a 1040X. return.  

Meanwhile, DO NOT go in and start changing anything on your return in the system, or you will make a mess for yourself.  Sit tight and wait until you see what the IRS does with the return you just e-filed

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You simply need to log back into your TurboTax account.

As long as you have not filed yet, you can still input information into your tax return.

Select the Federal section in the black panel on the left and you will be able to select the area of input on the top of the screen.  You will be able to choose from the following options on the top of the screen:

• Income & Expenses
  • Deductions & Credits
  • Other Tax Situations
  • Federal Review

Input your information in the applicable section.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I used my yahoo email address that I use all the time to prepare my daughters tax return.  I put my phone number in there too.

I made up another g-mail account for myself.  The trouble is I cannot remember the password for that account.

I have tried several times to say forgot password, but it keeps asking for my phone number, which brings me back to the yahoo address connected to my daughter.

If possible, I would like to keep her information from last year's tax return, and name it with her email address and her phone number.  Somewhere it said you can do that but I cannot find where to do that.

I just started a new account using a new email & password and phone number, but unfortunately there must be a cross reference with my social or something, because it brings me right back to my yahoo account.

I am so stuck and confused and I need help.

I don't know the answers to your post but you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...

@Deborah-71   "I have tried several times to say forgot password, but it keeps asking for my phone number, which brings me back to the yahoo address connected to my daughter."

It sounds like you are in a loop because you were either already logged in with the other User ID, or you had logged out but had not cleared your browser, so it's remembering you.  Follow the steps below using the Account Recover Tool exactly like I've indicated after first logging out of everything and cleaning the browser to avoid that loop.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes, but each User ID must be unique.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of all your User IDs, reset passwords, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first, but read the NOTE below first to avoid a loop.   If unsuccessful using the phone number, if necessary, then clean the browser again with the steps below then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

If you're still having trouble after all that, here's how to phone TurboTax Support:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or you can use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

craazcom2
Returning Member

it wont let file

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please provide additional details, what issues with filing are you experiencing? 

@craazcom2

craazcom2
Returning Member

I'm trying to pay the charge in filing my state taxes and it's not letting me continue at the point in putting my credit card 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you getting an error message or is it just freezing up at that point? You could try to clear the cache of your browser. Here's how: How to clear your cache

If this doesn't work, please give us a call so that we can further assist you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies