Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ask a question steps

Logging into Turbo Tax and finding how to ask a question is extremely confusing.  It took several minutes to find out how to submit a question. What the actual steps (Login URL, Search/Action steps)?  Logging into my Turbo Tax account is useless (I'm not sure what that's even for if I can't submit questions directly from there).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Ask a question steps

Wherever you submitted this question is the right place. What is your question?

Ask a question steps

I can not find a place to submit a question either . . . . . 

Can both operating systems be used with one desktop purchase/ CD? I've used the Windows version, but now need to use it on a MAC. HOW do I access the MAC download when there is only an option for windows in my turbotax online account. Is it possible to get the version for Mac if I have already used the Window ? s version?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Ask a question steps

You are in the right place to submit a question.

If you are unable to get the software downloaded on your Mac, please contact customer support for a free download for the other platform. 

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the web form and type your question or a keyword. You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.
What is the TurboTax phone number?

@goanddotwo

jmanni02
Returning Member

Ask a question steps

Hello, 

Q1:

I have an existing 401k Rollover traditional IRA account at Fidelity.  

I put $14k (2021 and 2022 IRA limits) into the Rollover traditional IRA, in February 2022. 

I then opened a new Roth IRA at Fidelity, and immediately (within a couple days) rolled the 14k in the traditional IRA to the Roth IRA.   

I did not receive a 1099 or any other tax forms for this.

Do I need to report anything on my 2021 return?  Or will it all be on the 2022 return?

Q2:

I rolled 401k money from a previous employer to a traditional IRA.  They sent me a form 5498.  I did not actually pull any money out of the 401k. 

Do I need to report this on my 2021 return?   

Thanks,

Rick 

Ask a question steps

I also find no way to ask a new question.  Since you got a response, where did you go to ask how to ask???

trkmansl

Ask a question steps

I received a 1099-MISC from the New York Racing Association for $888.  It was winnings from horse racing.  I lost way more than I won that day.  If it were a 1099-G, there is a spot to enter losses against winnings.  The only place to do anything like that is where it asks if the fair market value is less  than the 1099-MISC.  Would I put zero there, or should I enter under the gambling winnings, where it asks about any other gambling winnings that I did not receive a W2-G?

Thanks

trkmansl

Ask a question steps

Not a 1099-G, I meant a W2-G

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Ask a question steps

Please see this Turbo Tax help article for more information.
How do I enter a W-2G?

@trkmansl

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dmaa0527
Returning Member

Ask a question steps

My basement flooded last fall. I paid a company $4,000 to clean/sanitize the basement. I bought all the material to replace the damage for $3,200. Labor to restore the basement to the original look was $4,000. Personal property loss due to the flood was $8,700. Insurance covered $5,000 from all the above. What can I claim and what paperwork is needed for TurboTax?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Ask a question steps

Generally, you may deduct casualty and theft losses relating to your home, household items, and vehicles on your federal income tax return if the loss is caused by a federally declared disaster. You may not deduct casualty and theft losses covered by insurance, unless you file a timely claim for reimbursement and you reduce the loss by the amount of any reimbursement or expected reimbursement.

This link provides guidance on the deductibility of Casualty Losses.

When you have items that are lost or damaged as a direct result of a natural disaster, and you live in a federally declared disaster area, you may be able to take a tax deduction for the value of the property that's not covered by your insurance.

The lost or damaged items can be personal property, business property, or investment property.

Not eligible for the deduction:

• Property with progressive deterioration such as termite or moth damage
  • Stolen items
  • Accidental losses of personal items, such as a ring dropped down the sink
  • Property loss or damage of property for personal use or used in performing services as an employee that’s not the direct result of a natural disaster as described previously. (This restriction started in 2018 and applies through 2025)

How to enter your qualified casualty loss

@Dmaa0527

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ask a question steps

I bought Premier 2023 and have begun my return. I'm a single filer, not a business owner and made estimated tax payments to IRS FOUR TIMES in 2023 because we have a pay as you go tax law. I have spend a TON of time Searching for where to enter these FOUR payments and cannot find it. Someone posted this and it is WRONG. SEND SCREEN SHOTS on where these estimated tax payments are made? AND SHOW WHERE TO ASK A QUESTION ON THIS FORUM. ON MARCH 3 2023 IT IS WAY WAY TOO HARD TO FIND THAT TOO!

Where do I enter my estimated tax payments?

SOLVEDby TurboTax19336Updated 5 days ago

If you made estimated or quarterly tax payments in 2023 toward your federal, state, or local taxes, enter them in the Estimates and Other Income Taxes Paid section.

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Go to the Federal section, then Deductions & Credits.
    • You can also search for estimated tax payments and select the Jump to in the search results.
  3. Select Estimates and Other Taxes Paid.
  4. Select Start or Revisit next to Estimated Tax Payments.
  5. Choose Start next to the type of estimated tax payment you'd like to enter.
  6. Enter the amount of estimated tax you paid at each of the quarterly due dates.
    • If you paid 2022 estimated taxes in 2023, you'll enter just one amount for each state of locality.

Ask a question steps

@befoundbyme 

To enter, edit or delete estimated taxes paid (Federal, State, Local) -

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
Click on Deductions and Credits
Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
On Estimates, click on the start or update button

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies