Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Activation Code

I'm having the same problem. Do I see someone answering that the internet is not reaching TurboTax's server? Blame it on the internet??? I BOUGHT this copy of TurboTax specifically so I could run it locally without the internet, so that can't be the right answer. I've already activated it and I shouldn't have to do it again. Good luck reaching TurboTax support...I don't see a way other than camping on the phone. They should have an e-mail contact. Looks like they have resorted to the user community to help ourselves. That is no way to do tech support Intuit!

Activation Code

The FAQ on Activation codes is bogus.  It may work for some people, but my copy of TT starts fine with internet access turned off.  In my case, and in others here, the problem is that your hardware has changed from when you installed TT.  Make sure that you have the same thumb drives, flash drives, printers and other USB things set up exactly like when you installed TT.

wcpetersiuger
Returning Member

Activation Code

I am unable to get past the Activation Window when trying to install TurbotTax 2020 Home and Office on my 64 bit Windows 10 computer.  I have tried all four of the suggested fixes and even downloaded and installed a new copy of the code with a different License Code.  How can I get TTax 2020 to work?

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation Code

Please provide more information. Are you putting in your license code and it ask for it again? Is it freezing? Is it  blank screen? Is there an error code?

Also try these troubleshooting steps, Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or mi...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wcpetersiuger
Returning Member

Activation Code

I have entered the License Code give me by TurboTax, but then the Activation Windows returns with the message "We've run into an issue connecting with your computer and can't launch TurboTax."  There is no word about the License Code I entered.  I tried the suggested actions given by TurboTax bet none of them (4) caused any change at all in the response of the Activation Window.

olross
Returning Member

Activation Code

Same issue, repeatedly asked for activation code, did the ipconfig routine no success. now says All available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603 and won't start. Same issue with activation last year (changed computers) and I had to buy another copy because I had bought it from an "unauthorized reseller".Well,  this copy is from Amazon, let's hope they're not pirates. Contact link goes to a blank page, looks like it's off to the phones Monday. 20 year user of quicken and turbotax, this may be the last.

Mccu1954

Activation Code

I had installed the 2020 turbotax premier version for 12 returns - 3 computors which I had purchased at Staples.  I had to purchase a new computer.  After installing this program on my new computer, it would not activate using the licence code provided.  Can you help activate my program?

Activation Code

Why do you need it on more computers?  You can do unlimited returns with 1 install.  But you might need to call in and get another code.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time
7 days a week
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Mccu1954

Activation Code

My original computer crashed & I had to replace it with a new computer.  I paid for 3 computer installations.

Activation Code

The USA programs are for 5 computers you own.  Are you in Canada?  I think they are for 3 computers.  

Activation Code

How Do We Get A Refund For This Crap TurboTax2020 Application?

Activation Code

Activation Code

Completely missing the point!

Don't care anymore to get them to help.  Will go to another application.  Tired of this resetting stuff.

Registration worked fine, taxes started.  Mine, spouse, kids.  All of them locked in. 

Now I want out.  20+ years of QuickTax and now TurboTax.  Will rebuild everything somewhere else.

So, if you do not mind, if you do not have the information for refunds, because these idiots do not want to answer e-mails, and I do not want to waste my time on the phone, then do not reply!

Activation Code

Activation Code

I turned on my USB-connected Canon printer to print out a Quicken Tax Summary and TT started asking me for an activation code.   I've been using TT all day doing different returns and jumping between different returns; I'll bet I've opened and closed TT thirty times today alone, with no problems.

Turned the printer off and got in again with no problems.......

Learn something new ever day.....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies