Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I enter my street address, I get an error message telling me I "need to provide a street address, not a PO Box." But I AM providing a street address. Help!

I'm all finished entering information and am trying to file. I'm at the page that says "Thanks! Now confirm your personal information." When I enter my street address, I get an error message telling me I "need to provide a street address, not a PO Box." But I AM providing a street address. It is definitely NOT a PO Box. Help!
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

When I enter my street address, I get an error message telling me I "need to provide a street address, not a PO Box." But I AM providing a street address. Help!

I would suggest trying to close out of TurboTax and delete cookies and clear your cache Then sign back into your TurboTax account.
If that does not fix the issue, you may also contact customer care here.
Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue.  Once you fill out the form you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) 
We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

I have deleted all cookies and cleared the cache, but the same thing is still happening. I just want to file my taxes. Is there another person I can contact via text-based messaging about this?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

No, however, to help get you connected to the right person for assistance, please click the link below. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
brocha89
Returning Member

has anyone figured this out yet? running into the same problem this year! 

The address required  at the end of the return for the bank products that  do not allow a P O BOX must be the same as in the MY INFO section earlier ... return to the MY INFO section to make the correction. 

brocha89
Returning Member

its not a PO box its the same address ive filed with for five years. And I've changed my address multiple times in the "MY INFO" section but it keeps updating to say "address not found." Bizarre.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please verify that the address is updated in the state return.  Also, try deleting it and re-entering anywhere in the program you have entered it. Ensure there are no extra spaces before and after your address, and the zip code is correct.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unfortunately, there are zero ways around this. I live in a historical village and no one has a physical mail box. We all have PO Boxes. I had to back track through my taxes and change my way to pay to credit card instead of having it deducted from my return. Also super annoying is the only way to use a credit card is if you use Apple Pay. PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!! 

Unfortunately, there are zero ways around this. I live in a historical village and no one has a physical mail box. We all have PO Boxes. I had to back track through my taxes and change my way to pay to credit card instead of having it deducted from my return. Also super annoying is the only way to use a credit card is if you use Apple Pay. PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!! 

@Alliemcd82 

First the requirement for a street address and not a PO BOX   is a banking regulation rule   so when you tried to use the refund processing service ( for an EXTRA $39 fee)  the processing bank required the street address ... this has nothing to do with the TT program and this will never be changed. 

Next be happy you avoided the third party fee  and all of the delays that processing bank has been having again this year.  You dodged a bullet for sure. 

ta261758
Returning Member

Go to the mailing address in My Info and put in the street address>Go back to filing and proceed a couple of screens>Go back to My Info and reenter the mailing address>Click Confirm>Select Filing again and verify the correct street address and proceed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies