turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter a foreign address for my paper check refund? I don't have a US address and I can't proceed without entering a US ZIP and state.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

How do I enter a foreign address for my paper check refund? I don't have a US address and I can't proceed without entering a US ZIP and state.

What address did you enter for your mailing address in My Info?  The IRS will use the mailing address that you entered on your Form 1040.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I entered foreign address and my home address in the my info section. Since I live in a foreign country I've entered postal code and state but the system is complaining about the missing ZIP and state code (which is also lacking in the 1040) but I don't see where I should enter this information (also we don't really have states where I live and the postal code should be the same as ZIP?). If I enter the state I was living in over the last year the issue remains.

In the MY INFO tab edit your address ...

1....jpg

Yes this was one of the first things I've entered but on my 1040 there are two boxes saying ZIP and State (assume they are looking for a code here) that are empty and I don't find these boxes under my info. My address is present on the 1040 but I can't send it in because it's saying that ZIP and State are missing.

Are you trying to pay the TT fees and have you added the MAX benefits ? 

There is a Workaround for this error shown in the TurboTax support FAQ -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3205839-shippinginfomodel-error-when-paying-for-turbotax-online

No, I'm just trying to get my refund via paper check. So, I've filled in the information you print screened, and when reviewing my 1040 that information is copied but I can't proceed due to the lacking information about ZIP and state shown below. 1040.png

Use this website to contact TurboTax support for this situation:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Okay. Thank you for your time and help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies