turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lambchop

The Tax Due/Refund ticker is not working when I enter charitable contributions and I just started, why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
kunzb

The Tax Due/Refund ticker is not working when I enter charitable contributions and I just started, why?

if you just started then there is nothing to show yet.  as you input your information the tickers will start adding up.  when you are done you will see the final numbers for your tax or refund.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kunzb

if you just started then there is nothing to show yet.  as you input your information the tickers will start adding up.  when you are done you will see the final numbers for your tax or refund.
Lambchop

In the past, as I enter each contribution, the tickers adjusted as each charity was entered. I even clicked that I was done with charitable contributions and the ticker did not adjust. I am not even near the 50% max, nor will I be.
ebvn

I had the same experience last night with TurboTax 2020 Home & Business. There were no changes made to taxes due, even after the file was saved, closed and reopened. 

It is early....lots of forms are not ready and the software still needs lots of updates.  patience......

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Until your itemized deductions exceeds your standard deductions you will not see any change in the Refund-O-Meter.   And that meter means NOTHING until you have completed the entire interview AND have passed the REVIEW tab ... until then the meter figure is just a floating number ESPECIALLY this year since the Stimulus payment questions are not addressed until the very end at the beginning of the REVIEW tab which is going to confuse many user's this year especially when they update the program for the second stimulus payment as well. 

For instance ... if you were eligible for the $1200 first stimulus and $600 for the second then the program computes these after you finish the income section and adds the $1800 to the refund meter  BUT  when you get to the REVIEW meter and you tell the program you already GOT the $1800 then the refund meter will drop that same $1800 since you don't get the money again.  This is correct however many users will cry FOUL if the program doesn't explain it well which it currently doesn't.   However even if they did put in a message in red flashing letters   many users will still fail to read these screens fully in their haste  and we will be answering their posts very soon and in great numbers I fear. 

In fact if I had my way that meter would be unavailable until the very end as it causes much anxiety like a stock market ticker.  

sherryar

I have input my entire year for 2022 and the ticker did not ever start working. It also says I have 0 refund and owe 0. Something is wrong. How do I find out how to fix it?

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

It is a good idea to first clear your cache and cookies - which means removing all of the temporary programs that can gum up your web browser.  If that doesn't work, try using a different web browser.

Here is a link on how to clear your cache and cookies.

You are probably better off having someone walk through the return with you to look at your entries so I recommend getting live expert help.

Here is a link to finding a TurboTax expert.

However, that requires upgrading your product which may be an expense you don't want.  In that case you can call an expert and ask questions over the phone.

Here is a link to the TurboTax Phone Number.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies