Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Your program is stuck on wages and income circle is still spinning. how do i continue tax return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Your program is stuck on wages and income circle is still spinning. how do i continue tax return

Clear your cache and delete cookies; see links below.  You can click on any menu item (Income, Deductions, Health, etc) at the top to get out of a stuck screen.   If you keep having an issue, try logging out and logging back in using a different browser.  Your browser stores recently visited web pages as temporary files in a cache, which enables the pages to load up more quickly when revisited.

However, a full or corrupted cache can cause various problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

Related Information:
ravikar12

I have cleared the cache in google chrome and also tried using IE - but having same issue. Only I can sign out. But when I login back having same issue. This issue is coming since yesterday night but still no resolutions. Finally, I was able to connect to Turbo Tax Customer service and waiting for the call back since 10 minutes. I am using Turbo Tax more than 10 years and never had this issue. This is Turbo Tax online version. 

marokima

I'm having the same issue. Is there any way the method of persisting data has changed? I didn't have this issue last year. Can someone help? I've been stuck on this issue for almost 2 weeks. Have the software engineers changed a fundamental way to handle large amounts of data? 

Best, 

Mark 

DrewJ

I also had this problem when trying to complete taxes for the initial (extended) deadline in July(?).  At the time I though it was because their site was swamped, so I filed for an extension and hastily (over) paid estimated amounts for federal and states.

I returned to TT a few days ago to find exactly the same problem at the same point in my return.  I was able to navigate to other areas of the return, but not complete the Income section, it just hangs.

After 2hrs on with "support" I was able to get my issue escalated to someone with a clue.  Seems this is a known bug, no fix, but they did give me a free code for the download version of the software and with that I was able to complete my return and file.  

Folks, if you have this issue, don't waste time with tier-1 support, they cannot help you.  Ask for a supervisor immediately and get them to search their "known defects" log.  Get the download.  Don't "try different browsers

I'm in web app development and I know this type of error, it's server-side (don't buy any BS from support about your connection or browser) and related to something specific in our returns that is unexpected.  I had duplicate investment info imported (from my wife's and my separate investment accounts that have a joint account), I suspect that was the cause.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies