Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to add a new charity but it won't take it

I didn't use Good will this year but want to add a new charity but it won't take it.  Don't know how to remove old one or add new one.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to remove an old one; you just don't have to use it again this year.   However, the new version of ItsDeductible is problematic and needs a lot of work.  For a better experience you should use the classic version.  Here's how:

• Use this link: 
  • https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Logout.htm
  • The page will show that you are logged out. At the top of the page is a small sign-in button (see screen image below).
  • Click sign-in and use your ItsDeductible login credentials to get access to the classic version of your account.
  • You can bookmark that page to use each time.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

You don't need to remove an old one; you just don't have to use it again this year.   However, the new version of ItsDeductible is problematic and needs a lot of work.  For a better experience you should use the classic version.  Here's how:

• Use this link: 
  • https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Logout.htm
  • The page will show that you are logged out. At the top of the page is a small sign-in button (see screen image below).
  • Click sign-in and use your ItsDeductible login credentials to get access to the classic version of your account.
  • You can bookmark that page to use each time.

This didn't work in August 2020.   I get the following failure no matter what charity I try to add:

type Status report

message Required Long parameter 'charity' is not present

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.

You have posted to a thread that is 3 years old so that problem no longer exists ...

make sure you are logging in using the correct link :   ItsDeductible Online. 

make sure you clear your cookies and/or switch browsers.

If you are still having issues contact TT support on Monday : 

To call TurboTax customer support         

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time   Monday - Friday

@ suejohnson461 wrote:

This didn't work in August 2020.   I get the following failure no matter what charity I try to add:

type Status report

message Required Long parameter 'charity' is not present

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.

This thread is about 3-4 years old and transferred into this new community forum when it started up in June of 2019.    The information in the answer above is no longer relevant.    It refers to an old Beta version of ItsDeductible from several years ago that was short-lived because it was problematic.  The only version now is the "classic" version at https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/

I can confirm the error you are getting.   I just attempted to add a test charity and got the same error message you did.   I don't know why. Perhaps there is some kind of server problem.

I'll also see if another forum helper @SteamTrain is getting the same error.  If so, we can report it to a Moderator to be sure TurboTax is aware of it.

If you have a second browser handy, you can see if using a different browser makes any difference or not.

Otherwise, you can speak to TurboTax Support during business hours.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8 PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

@ suejohnson461  

I've discovered some more info.   Whether or not I get the error depends on "HOW" I try to add a new charity.

There are 2 ways to add a new charity. 

This method produces the error:

If I use the small blue link at the bottom called "Manage Charities", and then choose to "Add New Charity", after I enter the Charity name and state, that is when I get the error.

In contrast, if I don't use that "Manage Charities" link but instead add the new charity during a donation entry, I don't get the error.  e.g,  I go to the ITEMS category (or Money or whatever it is) and click on the ADD button.  Then on the next screen I click the blue "Add a Charity" button, it adds the new charity without any error.

So if you were using the "Manage Charities" method, try the other method and see if you can add your charity OK.

Yep....I agree....it's just in the "Manage Charities" section:

(   @xmasbaby0   You're around today, can you report this ItsDeductible bug to the moderators? Re: Just the posts since yesterday at ~2PM and after that )

2020_AddCharityBug.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@SteamTrain @mesquitebean Posted to Lounge for Mods

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
GabiU
Level 15

Thank you! 
@suejohnson461 I hope you were able to Add a charity with the blue "Add" buttons.
I will pass along this error you received.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GabiU
Level 15

This link has been fixed. Let me know if you still have issues! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies