How do I enter a foreign address for my paper chec...

smoppan

How do I enter a foreign address for my paper check refund? I don't have a US address and I can't proceed without entering a US ZIP and state.

What address did you enter for your mailing address in My Info?  The IRS will use the mailing address that you entered on your Form 1040.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

smoppan

I entered foreign address and my home address in the my info section. Since I live in a foreign country I've entered postal code and state but the system is complaining about the missing ZIP and state code (which is also lacking in the 1040) but I don't see where I should enter this information (also we don't really have states where I live and the postal code should be the same as ZIP?). If I enter the state I was living in over the last year the issue remains.

In the MY INFO tab edit your address ...

1....jpg

smoppan

Yes this was one of the first things I've entered but on my 1040 there are two boxes saying ZIP and State (assume they are looking for a code here) that are empty and I don't find these boxes under my info. My address is present on the 1040 but I can't send it in because it's saying that ZIP and State are missing.

Are you trying to pay the TT fees and have you added the MAX benefits ? 

There is a Workaround for this error shown in the TurboTax support FAQ -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3205839-shippinginfomodel-error-when-paying-for-turbotax-online

smoppan

No, I'm just trying to get my refund via paper check. So, I've filled in the information you print screened, and when reviewing my 1040 that information is copied but I can't proceed due to the lacking information about ZIP and state shown below. 1040.png

Use this website to contact TurboTax support for this situation:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

smoppan

Okay. Thank you for your time and help