Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member


How can I add my daughters 1099-MISC to our tax return ?

* It will not allow me to. It only shows our account but she is listed on the tax return as a dependent.

2 Replies
Level 15


You do not report a dependent's earned income on your tax return from a W-2 or a Form 1099-MISC. 


The dependent can file their own income tax return to report the income received.  They indicate on their return that they can be claimed as a dependent.  A tax return is required to be filed if the income reported on the 1099-MISC is $400 or more.  If the amount received is entered in box 7 of the 1099 then a Schedule C for self-employment has to be filed reporting the income and expenses for the self-employment.

Level 15


To file a separate return for your dependent you need to set up a new account.  Online is only good for one return per account.  You can use the same email address for 5 accounts.



Be sure on their return they check the box that says they can be claimed on someone else’s return.  And depending on their age and how much income they have and if they are a full time student you might not be able to claim them as a dependent.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings