How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?
Thanks for asking! Never start another return by going back and overwriting everything in the return you just filed. This will replace your info, which means you won't be able to retrieve your return later.
You might want to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software to save money
- Unless the additional return/s you want to file in TurboTax Online are simple returns and can be filed using the Federal Free Edition, there is a charge for each additional return filed in TurboTax Online.
- On the other hand, the TurboTax CD/Download software lets you file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info
If you still want to start another return in TurboTax Online, here’s what to do:
- Sign out of TurboTax Online.
- Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
- On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the second return.
- You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
- Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
- After you've created the new account, you can start working on the second return.