Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Robert1945
Returning Member

1099-MISC

How can I add my daughters 1099-MISC to our tax return ?

* It will not allow me to. It only shows our account but she is listed on the tax return as a dependent.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

1099-MISC

You do not report a dependent's earned income on your tax return from a W-2 or a Form 1099-MISC. 

The dependent can file their own income tax return to report the income received.  They indicate on their return that they can be claimed as a dependent.  A tax return is required to be filed if the income reported on the 1099-MISC is $400 or more.  If the amount received is entered in box 7 of the 1099 then a Schedule C for self-employment has to be filed reporting the income and expenses for the self-employment.

1099-MISC

To file a separate return for your dependent you need to set up a new account.  Online is only good for one return per account.  You can use the same email address for 5 accounts.

Https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-online 

Be sure on their return they check the box that says they can be claimed on someone else’s return.  And depending on their age and how much income they have and if they are a full time student you might not be able to claim them as a dependent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies