es1070

I want to apply my refund to next years taxes but saw no option?

Don't want to receive refund but want to put it on my next years taxes

bluedeb

If you have not filed yet, see the following on how to apply your refund to next year's taxes.

How do I apply my refund to next year's (2021) taxes?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/how-do-i-apply-my-refund-to-next-year-s-taxes/00/2606...

bluedeb

AnnetteB6

You can apply part or all of your Federal refund to your estimated tax payments by taking the following steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “apply federal refund to next year” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to apply federal refund to next year
  • Click on the blue “Jump to apply federal refund to next year” link and enter your information

If you use TurboTax again to prepare your 2021 tax return, the amount that you applied will be automatically carried into your return.  If you do not use TurboTax again, be sure to keep a copy of your 2020 return so that you know what amount to enter on your 2021 return.