turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have submitted Federal Tax return and it has been accepted. Today tried to submit RI state return but got a message that Turbo Tax not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return. I did check to see if the forms I was submitting were being accepted

Me too!!!

I have submitted Federal Tax return and it has been accepted. Today tried to submit RI state return but got a message that Turbo Tax not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return. I did check to see if the forms I was submitting were being accepted

Just filed RI - working now!!

RI is working now!!!

It is working now...just filed RI

Working now

Working now!   I've worked in IT since 1973 and I know computers have a mind of their own.   Thanks to the TurboTax team for getting this fixed!!

Rob

@MichelleLO 

I was able to file my RI return just a couple min ago. I am getting a refund not owing taxes, so I think the ppl filing who owe $$ still have the glitch.

Liz

as with others, I was happy to see there was an update waiting for me when I opened my TT Return this morning. Downloaded and RI Tax return was e-filed successfully.. 

That's great for you folk in RI, but the same problem just happened when trying to file my 2021 NC taxes...come on turbotax, this isn't a good look for you!

This is mduncan74.   The token is 919640.   Thanks for your help

mrmrsjms

I had the same issue with my NC 2021 e-file just this morning (2/12/22).  I was able to e-file my Federal return by itself - but when attempting the NC e-file, received the same generic (aka unhelpful) message as is in the subject line of this post.

@mrmrsjms wrote:

I had the same issue with my NC 2021 e-file just this morning (2/12/22).  I was able to e-file my Federal return by itself - but when attempting the NC e-file, received the same generic (aka unhelpful) message as is in the subject line of this post.

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

Are any other RI filers getting a message like this when they check the status of their refund at https://www.ri.gov/taxation/refund/?

Please Contact Taxation

Your refund has been received and is being processed. We are still reviewing certain aspects of your return. Please check back in 2-3 weeks for an update. You will not receive any further information by calling prior to that time. If after that time you still have not received an update, please call the RI Division of Taxation at 401-574-8TAX (8829) option 3 for more information.

"Reviewing certain aspects of your return" sounds ominous. 

I had an instance like that two years ago when I used the RI Division of Taxation's website to check the status of my refund.  It said there as an issue with my return, but didn't specify what it was.  The short story is that I called them after the tax filing season was over because I wanted to ensure that I didn't make an error on my return.  The "issue" is that they compare the W-2 info we report on our returns to the payroll tax info that employers file with them to make sure the amounts match.  So, they need both our tax return filings and our employers' payroll tax filings to occur before they issue tax refunds.

Given that, I didn't go through the bother of checking on refund status last year.  My RI refund came in about two months after I e-filed my 2020 RI return.

I had the exact same issue a few years ago.   The message from the 'check my return' site asked me to send a bunch of paperwork to the RI Division of Taxation, which I did.   A few days later my status changed from "there's a problem" to "Everything's OK".   I called Division of Taxation and was told that my employer was late sending salary information to the state. 

I enjoy some excitement in my life but not when it comes to filing taxes.  😐

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies