Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mtcooper
Returning Member

I have submitted Federal Tax return and it has been accepted. Today tried to submit RI state return but got a message that Turbo Tax not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return. I did check to see if the forms I was submitting were being accepted

I am having a different state e-filing problem.  but you don't have to mail your taxes..  you can always buy someone else's tax software and redo it.   And demand a refund of the TT product cost from Intuit.   What I might have to do.   

I have submitted Federal Tax return and it has been accepted. Today tried to submit RI state return but got a message that Turbo Tax not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return. I did check to see if the forms I was submitting were being accepted

I don't know that this is a TurboTax problem; RI Division of Taxation has enough problems of their own; some people are still waiting for last year's tax refund.   The state could be more helpful with their cryptic "Something might be wrong" messages.   I was eventually able to file this year's return; hopefully it was accurate.   I've already gotten notification that my federal tax refund will be deposited next week so I think the tax documents were accurate.  It's not like you have to enter much on the state return; just answer a few questions.

jelliott1
Returning Member

I have tried to submit both and got the same message you did. I can't get either to upload. I spoke to someone in customer service and was told this is a known issue and they are working to resolve it. I was able to ask them to email me when the issue was resolved and that was three days ago! This is unacceptable as I have already paid for both uploads.

jelliott1
Returning Member

It is not limited to RI. I live in NC and have the same issue - but mine is with both federal and state returns. I am getting very frustrated and they are no help at all!

jelliott1
Returning Member

$20??? If you pay only $20 then why the heck am I being charged $38?? I live in NC and pay that individually for federal and state

@jelliott1 wrote:

It is not limited to RI. I live in NC and have the same issue - but mine is with both federal and state returns. I am getting very frustrated and they are no help at all!

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

jelliott1
Returning Member

Did this do anything at all? I don't see any responses from anyone that they were able to submit their taxes

The same here but mine is only my State. I called support and they said to give it a week and to try again. I have and now the message has changed.

Now the message says,

"Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available. - TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return."

Support did say they would give me a refund, on my State E-File Fee if I had to print it and send it in that way.

jelliott1
Returning Member

Thank you so much for your response! This is great information. I will hold off until I hear that the forms are ready for the state submission (I was able to sign up to be notified by email when they are ready). But I have saved your response in case that February 24 date doesn't happen. At least I do have some breathing room before my federal return has to be filed (meaning I have to pay!!)

You have been more than helpful.

Checked this to see if the message would change and it filed my NC State just now. This issue is resolved for me it seems

BETH3P
Returning Member

Filed on a deadline and I just checked and I got the same information how did yours turn out

Mine was finally resolved 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies