eshott

I'm trying to enter information for SSA 1099-R but am unable to enter any information in the boxes. It simply won't allow me to input any information

TeresaM

Note:  Buttons that don’t work or fields that don’t allow entry

If you are using Turbo Tax Online, the most likely reason for buttons that don't work or not being able to enter information is that something in the web browser is not displaying the page properly.  The easiest way around this is to simply use a different web browser.  You can select from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.   If you need to install another browser, be sure to go to the trusted home site for the software for security reasons.

If you are using the Turbo Tax Phone App, then try opening Turbo Tax in the browser window on your phone.  It will use the same login information but may display the page better.

If there are error messages to fix your 1099-SSA form and you have "copied and pasted" to enter some of the information, it might have spaces or other invisible formatting characters that are causing the errors.  Please be sure there are no extra spaces before the entries or after the entries.  Also, be sure there are no zeros listed. If the box is blank, please leave it blank.

jea217

I am having this issue on my 2020 taxes. The response does not work I tried it on 3 different devices.  

DawnC

An SSA-1099 gets entered under Social Security Income.   A 1099-R gets entered under IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals Income.   There are two different places to enter your form depending on what type of form it is.  It is either a SSA-1099 OR a 1099-R.  Make sure you are in the right spot and be sure to delete the erroneous entry if you started in the wrong place.  @jea217

jea217

i am in the right spot.  It has my information from the previous year.  the problem is when I click on it the next screen asks if i have information to enter.  I click yes and then it just shoots me back to the previous screen.  Now it doesn't say revisit is says EDIT.  

DMarkM1

Perfect.  "Edit" and enter the updated information from your current year form.  

jea217

when I click edit it asks if i want to add information, i say yes and then it kicks me back to the screen to enter information.  It is not working.

ErnieS0

Try jumping directly to the Social Security section.

• Type ssa1099 in Search in the upper right,
  • Click Jump to ssa1099.

That will take you to the screen Did you receive Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits in 2020? Say Yes and enter your information in the appropriate boxes.

jea217

i ended up creating a new account and starting all over.  That seemed to work and i was able to enter the information.  

thanks for your help.

jj80210ee

I'm in the 2019 tax year my order number isQSTCB198587174. I need help

jj80210ee

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT A NEW BROWSER, I'M 82 AND AM STUCK. PLEASE HELP ME.

jj80210ee

CAN SOME ONE TALK TO ME??

CarissaM

This sounds like it would be best done by speaking with a customer support specialist by clicking here

mdyrng2010

I am attempting to do the taxes for my father and using the desktop downloaded version of TurboTax 2020.  I am using the Step by Step option in completing the form.  I finished the 1099-R portion for Retirement Income, answered the RMD confirmation portion, then clicked the 'Continue' button and the screen refreshes to a blank screen and it says 'No Form' in the bottom left corner.  I attempted to jump right to the SSA-1099 page, by  typing in 'ssa1099'  in the search window. However, when I 'jumped' to the SSA-1099 portion, there was still a blank page.

How can I pull up the SSA-1099 portion and be able to enter information?

@mdyrng2010 wrote:

Are you using a Windows or Mac personal computer?

If Windows, try this -

Save your tax return and close the TurboTax program.

Right click on the TurboTax icon

Click on Properties

Click on the Compatibility tab

Check the box Run this program as an administrator

Click on Apply and OK

Start the TurboTax program and see if the problem has been corrected.