Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I took money out of my savings and therefore I received a 1099-R. I get to the end and it won't let me submit. It says form being finalized. What am I doing wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Hello, I took money out of my savings and therefore I received a 1099-R. I get to the end and it won't let me submit. It says form being finalized. What am I doing wrong?

Form 1099-R is ready for filing.

Click this link for steps on How to Enter 1099-R.

Since you are using TurboTax Online, I suggest you close TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies and retry.

If you are still unable to file, please give more info about the error you receive and we'll try to help you further.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, thank you for trying to help me. It’s still not working. I’ve tried on the app on my phone. I’ve tried at home, I tried on work computer after clearing cache and everything. 
Step 3 just remains unhighlighted and says “the irs hasn’t finalized one or more of your forms”.

Other than a regular w-2, the only form I have is the 1099-R. 
i don’t know what to do. 

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

If all you had was a 1099-R with an early distribution then all the forms that you need for your return have been finalized and are available in TurboTax.  The most likely thing that has occurred is that one of the questions that you answered when entering your 1099-R has been answered in such a way that it has generated a form that is not ready.

It is a good idea to first clear your cache and cookies - which means removing all of the temporary programs that can gum up your web browser.  If that doesn't work, try using a different web browser.

Here is a link on how to clear your cache and cookies.

You are probably better off having someone walk through the return with you to look at your entries so I recommend getting live expert help.

Here is a link to finding a TurboTax expert.

However, that requires upgrading your product which may be an expense you don't want.  In that case you can call an expert and ask questions over the phone.

Here is a link to the TurboTax Phone Number.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies